The Circle (We Live, We Breathe, We Die)

Started by StephenM, October 29, 2023, 08:06:57 PM

StephenM

The Circle1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this is a comedic attempt at me singing a sort of prog style.... what the heck... I do find this quite fun and funny even... the whole thing reminds me of prog punk psych or something... I think all the music of my life is coming out a blender that can know get into my abilities to make something crazy from them...

1 x Nighthawk Epiphone
1 x Shecter bass

the rule here was both used the same effects patch and lots of panning

1x tama imperialstar drum kit

CAUTION:  QUITE ODDNot a valid attachment ID.

At the start there was light.  The light devoured the darkness.  Then a tree stood tall.  Hi above the earth.  Then a squirrel came down to get a nut buried underground.  Down in the hole he went .  There was a gopher inside.  He was harboring a rabbit and babies.  So the squirrel turned around.  Went up in the yard.  Then a hawk swooped down and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck.  Off they flew into the sky. 
Food for the young hawklings!  Squirrel! 
Now the grass is growing.  Now the leaves are falling.  Now the snow is falling.  Now the daffodils are coming up.  There's blue sky.  There's rain.  Sunshine, we live, we breathe, we die.
The circle goes on for a very long time.  Ain't it sublime? 
The trees produce terpentine, clemintines and turpentine.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

The opening progg riff on the guitar and bass is quite good Stephen! Your bass tone and playing is reminiscent of Chris Squire. In fact, I hear several things that have shades of Yes. The circle of life goes on, indeed! I bet this was fun to play and record, nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Absolutely superb dude......I'll be back for a better listen.....I'm just running off to take Keith to work........so f'n fine .....I'll be back......yeah baby...spooky even....deliciously groovy like a smooth and spicy gravy....and biscuits

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I just did a better mix...it is now posted...

a few things.  the tools that are available to help with mixing are quite amazing.... I feel like I have found a very cool laboratory wherein I get to mix up some concoctions.  I think however that the single thing I have done in the last few years to improve as an overall musician and especially since December when I got the acoustic drum kit is to get into percussion in a big way.... (thanks to Zoltan for suggesting something I never intended to do at all, get an acoustic kit)...

I also know that humans that encourage one another (as in here on SC!) grow in their creative and technical ability....  LONG LIVE SONGCRAFTERS!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I'm alone (with the dogs), eating bacon snacks with one hand and typing this with the other. So i shall be a man of few words (just wasted some by typing this).

Wait a sec. I'll grab another snack...

Where was i? Oh... Stephen is the one who can take a somekind of "cheese box" (cheap multifx) and make it to sound like Kemper!

Like Dylan would say: "how does it feel?" (Kemper owners).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Geir

Yes yes yes.  ( ::) )

Love the bass and the drums are fab!!

Well done.  You certainly entertained me. 

Did I mention the bass. Oh yeah.    It's fab
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Zoltan

In the morning i was still thinking about this song. The way it's prefaced as being "quite odd" yet to these ears it sounded like bonafide prog rock!

The bass and drums are the standouts, but the vocs ain't no slouch either.

I was taking a shower and still thinking about the bass sounds. And feeling the after effects of that bag of bacon chips that i ate. Perhaps not the healhiest choice, and even one of my dogs didn't feel like tasting one (The other one is a garbage disposal so she more than hapily tasted a piece of one). The bag read "since 1958" and i hope it wasn't also the best before date.

The thing is. Sometimes you just have to live dangerously. Listen to these kinds of prog songs and eat accordingly. For some weird reason i felt like eating a gopher. They should make snacks out of those. I'd buy one! (if cheap).

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

No bacon snacks or gophers for me as I'm trying to drop a couple of pounds for our band's upcoming gig. According to the band member who runs our social media, our demographic is mainly women aged 30 to 50 so I need to look my best lol.
Another interesting and intriguing song - very Steve !

Pete

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Quote from: Zoltan on October 30, 2023, 04:39:12 PMI'm alone (with the dogs), eating bacon snacks with one hand and typing this with the other. So i shall be a man of few words (just wasted some by typing this).

Wait a sec. I'll grab another snack...

Where was i? Oh... Stephen is the one who can take a somekind of "cheese box" (cheap multifx) and make it to sound like Kemper!

Like Dylan would say: "how does it feel?" (Kemper owners).

Yes bacon flavour snacks. Out of coincidence earlier today we both (missus and me) decided to knock these kind of snacks on the head for a few months and try alternative healthier options. Tonight we had coke - the legal variety! - and to snack we had pickled garlic / cornichons, ryvita and cheese. A bit healthier but lovely...

Sorry about that... the tune is exactly the type of stuff I was hoping you would not lose touch with Steve. Out there, experimental, trippy but with loads of stuff going on. Love the busyness of this. It's actually a bit spooky in places. I do love the lyrics and the riffing and bass is top drawer.

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand