Trick or Treating (DONE)

Started by Zoltan, October 29, 2023, 01:14:16 PM

Zoltan

Trick or Treating V7 (256kbs)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I removed the original synth based "edm" song as this turned into something along the lines of Bee Gees, or Irene Cara Fame on a bad day :D I don't know. But this is closer to disco/funk, or something now :)

So the comments below might not apply anymore.

Trick or Treating

I believe in you
That's what you want me to say
If you say you're sixteen
I'll buy you all the beer and bong(s) that you need

We can take your friends
And drive around in my car
Trick or treating
Trick or treating

We can go to the city and hang around
Looking out
People walking
And sometimes talking

You're my little princess
And i'm surely not your mom
Trick or treating
Trick or treating

We can go to the city
Where the people meet
You can let it all hang out
Trick or treating

Etc.

The lyrics were improvised and hence the weird logic behind them :) I had trouble singing some of the lyrics. Especially that "sometimes talking" as it sounded so stupid :D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

oh this is so fun man... it has a really infectious groove.... it would be whipped into a pop sensation in no time...

you sound a bit like Bowie to me here...  those words are cracking me up... I am having so much fun... glad I clicked back on for a few minutes...

piano outro it cool

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Tight and fresh & Yes, Bowie does come to mind. Not a big fan of EDM in general but this is really cool! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Farrell Jackson

I like this Zoltan...for some reason it reminded me of Wang Chung's style. So, I listened to Wang Chung on Vevo and decided that it still reminds me of Wang Chung, which is cool because they were great. All your song needs are a million-dollar studio, high dollar engineers, promotion and a time machine to get back to 1980. A cool song and your vocals work the magic...all by yourself!

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Z. Nicely produced and mixed with that great 80's vibe. I like how you have presented the vocals and love those swirling synths.
Ray Brookes

Geir

This is quite a treat. (Pun intended)

I've listened to both versions and find I like the both. I do prefer the last one tho especially the razor sharp guitar lead that almost sound like a stylophone.

You voice is great. I hear hints of Bowie too

Fab!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pete C

Nice song - lots of 80's vibes to me.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Damn you sure can sing man. They are up front and centre here and they are all the better for it. It's a real cracker of a song. I lovely a good catchy pop song and this has enough quirkiness to make it stand out - lyrics/vocal delivery and that lead guitar/synth sound -  top tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

This has some amazing attributes.  80's pop was so big because it had so many of these elements.  Actually the only reason earlier pop music didn't sound this way was because the tech hadn't got there yet and otherwise is could be 70's too... shut up about your singing... you sound really good... plus I love the accent! 
by the way, I liked Irene and the BG's (although I don't admit it, at least not the disco era stuff)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

When the sound effect at the beginning came in I thought we were in for a "Silver Machine" style song. Totally wrong footed as we enter a very 80s pop vibe. Cool job Mr Z. Enjoyed.