Just Crunch it Blues (instrumental)

Started by hardlock, October 28, 2023, 10:02:38 PM

hardlock

Crunch it Blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

Here's a short blues instrumental I hacked out.

Idea started with the 4-note riff. (B on A string - open D string - E on D string - skip down to open E string) Surprisingly that was hard for me to play as I never did much string skipping on runs. Good practice for the muscle memory.

Should have a hot blues vocal added "but that ain't me unfortun-ately". Anyone interested let me know for a stripped backer and thanks in advance for the listen.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Awesome blues instrumental track. That 4 note riff worked a treat. I love a bit of blues. Great playing all round, cool solos. I think this will sound great with vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

I love the choices of tones and growl on the guitar.  Then add in that organ and you got some good late 60's to mid 70's goodness... Reminders of Procul Harum etc...

organ and growly guitar always works for me... I am with Daren, this would make a great backer for vocals too.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Man, Hardlock this is such a cool blues instrumental! I dig that crunchy rhythm guitar and the soloing. The opening guitar riff works perfectly. It sounds like you fun playing to your blues in the key of cool! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Great bluesy instrumental here...everything has put well together...here's some tasty tones on guitar and keys(?).

Brilliant entry for the fest!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Cool authentic sounding blues, Ken. Yep, vocals would be the icing on the cake, maybe along with some blues harp.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Thanks all for the good words. I hear lots of ideas for vocals in my head so might strip the leads and post on the backing board in hopes that one of you great singers here will take a crack at it. ;)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Pete C

Some nice cool Blues ! Great guitar tones and I love the sound of that organ.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

I was enjoying the guitar playing, but it was the organ action that really caught my ear. I think every good Hardlock song needs organ playing. That's a signature sound of sorts.

But it didn't take long for the guitar to drive me in. Playful and fun. That's what this is. The playing is at its best when it breaks the blues mold and adds different melodic textures into the brew.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

yes sir I can hear vocals and some dirty harp on this  jamming with the morning coffee
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away