Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

Instrumental Fest...

2 rhythm guitars left and right - strat
1 lead - strat
bass and drums - garageband

I haven't done any proper lead playing for a long time. I just do very basic easy learned short solos these days. So it took a while... probably 4/5 days practice to get to the state where i could attempt a guitar intrumental. I had kind of given up as have a wee touch of arthritus on the forefinger on fretting hand which makes it impossible to bend or hold down more than one string with it - so I had to adjust my playing style.

The first minute or so I learned note for note. After that it's improvised.

Hope you enjoy.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

A cool bit of picking and working out on the guitar frets Mike! I can relate to the 4/5 days of practice to get into shape for the soloing on a full-length song. I have to do the same. You're playing well and getting an excellent sound on all the guitars...I enjoyed the listen!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

the guitars are amazing on here Mike.

Reminds me of some of the sounds Mick Jones of Foreigner or perhaps Ian McDonald used.  Not so much the lead both crushing rhythm guitars! 

I for sure can tell this is you but the intro, the first while of this song was very different.  I like how much you put into this..it shows up..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

Nice little rocker, Mike. Your lead playing is smooth and fluid, so I'd say it was well worth the effort.

Well done!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

BerryPatch

Sweet sound on this! Your soloing hits at the "money notes". Very cool playing, like an old glam-rock jam! Cool cool  8)   

kenny mac

Excellent guitar work.
The lead sounds great .
The rhythm kicks ass.
Cool track

hardlock

You totally nailed the lead and with the tight defined rhythm, it's a total hit! Dang I wish I could play like that! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hi Mike. Sorry to hear about the arthritis,  wouldn't tell hearing this. Some fine lead playing, love the improvised parts. The overall melody of the rhythm guitars bass and drums are brilliant.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

This sounds grand, mate. Love those guitars and cool production. Some excellent playing in there and a vocal on top of this would be the icing.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

You're doing fine Mark! I always remember that you have that thing holding you back, but it never shows. Great playing and clean melodies.

You're always hitting the high marks (no pun intended :)) with your songs.

I tried doing instrumental, but i didn't like what i was hearing...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper