Chicago - Sufjan Stevens Cover (21st Century Songs Fest)

Started by BerryPatch, October 27, 2023, 08:14:07 PM

kenny mac

A great performance.
Quality recording, mix is spot on.
Nice harmonies.
Excellent.

StephenM

Quote from: BerryPatch on October 28, 2023, 01:13:14 PM
Quote from: StephenM on October 28, 2023, 10:09:04 AMI would guess that had to do with a different way to record the vocals than usual?
Yes, I had used a condenser mic on this one instead of my usual SM 58 so that's why it probably sounds I little different ;). I'm like how the sound turned out though it's definitely a little bit more hassle to record with (it picks up every little sound if you aren't careful!)

interesting Keith.  I have only recorded using a few mics and three different condensers and some dynamics closer to SM58 (like Senheiser)... it is true mics can make vocals sound very different.  The condensers are sensitive for sure... glad you told me thanks!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Very nice young blood the condenser really made your vocals shine really nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Bluesberry

Absolutely spectacular.........WOW......love the dynamics with the backing instruments

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

maxit

fantastic cover, your version of the orchestral arrangement is minimal, but very effective and charming: I am almost preferring it lol
recorder
Audacity

des0free

Excellent!  I especially like how you doubled the vocals in places, that is very well done!  Glad to be introduced to the artist & song. 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

Yeah, this is sublime. The playing, the vocs. It's all there. I'm not familiar with the original song and after the name change i mostly forgot about the artist too.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Geir

Wow. This is rather special. I'm not familiar with the original but you've made this your own and it sounds fab. Only 4 chords you say? Well you sure have done some magic in your arrangement cause this keeps me interested all the way through and then some!

Excellent work young man!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ray Brookes

Beautiful cover, Keith. So professionally produced and tastefully arranged. Your vocal sounds great on this track and persevere with that condenser mic - lovely clean sound.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

some songs make you want to grab the volume knob and turn it all the way up... for me this is the opposite... I want to turn it down, turn inside or toward someone I really love and cozy up into the intimacy of this... amazing work... simply supreme...

what a blessing

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner