That Little Piece Of Gold (retry)

Started by Ray Brookes, October 27, 2023, 06:35:27 PM

Zoltan

The song is just that. Evocative. That grungy middle section with fiddly bits was an interesting addition.

Kinda makes me wonder whether you should just release the inner beast and go full on rock for a while? I mean there's been shades of harder edged music in your compositions before.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

woah, man this is beyond expression good!  I just bask in the goodness of it... and then that blistering guitar oh my goodness man... that is so wicked cool!  I dig it!  as great as you are Ray in all aspects... and everything is amazing... playing, production... your vocals top everything, pretty much every time... amazing

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Nother fine piece by the troubadour himslef. The middle section hit me like a hammer. Shouldn't work but it does! Nice one Ray.

Mike_S

Quote from: StephenM on November 03, 2023, 01:07:36 PMyour vocals top everything, pretty much every time... amazing

It's an underlooked thing I think sometimes in music. Why one band is 'great' and another is just 'good'. I think that is why Rory Gallagher is seen as a great of blues rock, but yet they don't often mention his vocals. I takes music another 10/20% to a better place.

Ray, another lovely piece. It is a lovely vocal with a spotlight shining on it - great reverb/echo? Great lyrics too. And yeah, letting rip in the middle... why not? Sounds great.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Brilliant arrangement....fantastic song....wonderful...really wonderful

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

Great tune and masterful performance all around. Wow
b

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Johnbee

Beautiful, Ray.  Love the changes in feel from acoustic guitar to heavy electric to an exquisite piano finish.  Brilliant.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Blooby

Quite the journey. Stellar songwriting and production.

Blooby