October 26 2023

Started by StephenM, October 26, 2023, 06:33:25 PM

StephenM

October 26 2023
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So I took a few weeks where I didn't play much.  There was a lot going on and I was breaking into some new routines.  I think however that a break was a good thing.  I did play some.  Not alot and not live out at all. 
I have spent about 4 days lately practicing and recording each instrument each day.  At least drums, bass, guitar.  Not necessarily in that order.  I have using weird time sigs like 7/4 and others.  So I have a few rules I am following

1.  I have to record all three instruments in a single practice session.
2.  Each track has to be played all the way through.  No cut and paste etc.
3.  I have to mix the song also at the end of practice. 

so I have been playing several hours a day as I am really working on playing cohesively multi tracking.... I like to keep things moving toward live sound but more refined too...but that live energy.

so this was todays practice...

Harley Benton guitar using clean settings in the boss me-25 ( I actually learned how to modify presets today! )
Shecter bass using ME-25 on a clean setting
Tama Imperialstar.

I find this practice helpful in alot of ways.  plus I love to mix and all this mix was done on the Zoom L-20 and then place in Audacity where I normalized and then using CLA Echosphere and Mix Down Stereo plug ins.Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Wow that was cool.  I felt I was flying
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hi Stephen, I like the idea for the practice sessions. Yeah it's good to have a break from music for a while. Gives you fresh enthusiasm and ideas I find.
What a great instrumental track. Your rhythms and Melodies in tracks are always very catchy from the off.
Some really nice guitar stabs and delayed bits. Great solos and the percussion is brilliant. As is the bass.
 :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Redler

I really like the vibe of your song, very exciting atmosphere. Great job on each way!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

karl1171

I like this, Sorry if I'm repeating myself (although I might have said this about someone elses work),  its very much like early Porcupine Tree - the best kind of Porcipine tree

Zoltan

Cool jam... But now they're calling you the porcupine.

The soloing is trippy. Reminded me of the Jefferson Airplane.

Stephenson Porcupine!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper