I Want It All (adult content)

Started by StephenM, October 24, 2023, 04:46:16 PM

StephenM

I Want It All (masterdesk true peak)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
caution:  this is weird and also it rocks.  Harley Benton PRS copy on single coil through the boss ME-25 ..  Shecter bass using the ME-25.... 1 tama imperialstar drum kit. Recorded on the Zoom L-20 and mixed on Audacity using Waves plug ins ( I think I used about 15 of them on this)
also I stuffed paper up my nose for most of this to see if it made my vocals different.. and it did a little bit for sure.

mastered on masterdesk true peak[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=195453;type=preview;file"]I Want It All (masterdesk true peak).mp3[/url]

Greed, give me give me give me.
Pride, I'm selfish, I want it all for me.  (But I'm not a shellfish)
hatred, get with the mob and stone the weak.  Get with the mob and stone the weak.
I'm selfish, I want it all for me.  (but I am not a shellfish)

There's a semblance of normalcy, against the insanity.  They may cut your jugular but they cannot destroy your soul.  You belong to the one who owns your destiny. 

Get away sheep, I am a goat.  Can't you see?  Can't you see?  Goats fight for the same pile of shit. 
There's a crack up your ass I see a thong, while you are at it stoke up the bong. 
It's all hypocrisy, problem is no one can see.  It's an ocean of lunacy. 
Grab what you can.  Grab what you can.  Grab what you can.  (out of the garbage can) Grab what you can.  That's the mentality.  Man.

Lalalalalalalalalalalal chourus

I'm a sheep.  No.  You're a goat.  You got horns.  Sheep got horns.  Only Rams.  Ewe's?  Ewe?  You're a goat.  Goats fight for the same pile of shit. 

Lalalalalalalalalalalal chourus

there have been conversations about Pink Floyd Animals album... It is my favorite PF album.  So there are a different combo of animals on this song... sheep and goats...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Once again, I think Zappa would be so proud of his influence on your young and impressionable musical mind.

:) ;) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Redler

Another winner! Great groove and very unique song...the "choir" puts an experimental flavor to this.

Bravo, Stephen!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

That choir sounds so unhinged that only a cuckoo could have sung such a part at the crack of Dawn!

That sudden pause with the voices near the end was a master stroke. In fact the whole track was filled with all kinds of inventive lunacy. I can appreciate the comparison to Pink Floyd. They might have been a bit more musically refined at times (they were after all a band and i'm sure they kept on polishing their knobs... I mean instrumental parts a lot) BUT i always get bored with PF stuff *ducks for cover* and this didn't bore me none.

You're getting a lot of mileage out from the HB PRS copy. I was listening to your older songs and noticed the Nighthawk being mentioned. I guess that one is lying dormant for a while until you're ready to spank it into submission? I think those HB's are good and even great if the player doesn't get too strung out on brand snobbery (i'm guilty of that! I admit!). I never got into PRS thing (i know they're great) so in that case i wouldn't even be bothered about the title on the headstock. HB would be more than fine...
(If we were talking about Fender... I'd be crying into my morning coffee).

I think i need to get behind this kind of lunacy. This morning i tried to listen to all kinds of hipster sh*t and nothing really spoke to me. The sounds were kinda there, the musical ideas... The lyrics were a bore and there was nothing for me to latch into. Luckily this one brought me back to the stratosphere :D

This message contains unsolicited and not (yet) sponsored mentions brand names / ads. After hearing how much people get from doing Youtube reviews of gear (and they even get to keep some of those!) i got envious and the only thing stopping me from doing that is the lack of followers. I doubt even HB would send me stuff for a channel that doesn't yet even exist.

Yes. All of this came from listening to Stephen sing "adult material". Groovy goodtimes!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

Rocking lunacy the new genre maybe a new category for a fest?? Throughly enjoyed

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

hardlock

Dirty rock - what a concept - lyrics rock as well as the music. Zappa's dancing in his grave - Great listen! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Pipes

Weird and wonderful..

Weird is my book too and I read from my book of weirdness every day.

Bang on with the Shell fish..
Hermits are welcome to to snap snap and grin grin...

Great post
Nick

Blooby

Quote from: StephenM on October 24, 2023, 04:46:16 PMcaution:  this is weird and also it rocks...I stuffed paper up my nose for most of this to see if it made my vocals different.. and it did a little bit...

I like the cut of your jib.

This does rock, and it is weird. Kudos for transparency.

Love the ending as well.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

Stephen, I'm thinking you are the "Stephen King" of Songcrafters. You consistently come up with weird songs and different production ideas. Then you lay them out so they are entertaining and interesting. And we can never guess what the ending will be. A great title "I Want It All" and supporting lyric. The grunge rhythm guitar works well as does your group of singers. I enjoyed the listen and I had a laugh at the line "There's a crack up your ass I see a thong, while you are at it stoke up the bong." Good stuff man!   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?