The Last Laugh (Lofi, Polyend Tracker)

Started by Zoltan, October 24, 2023, 03:15:30 PM

Zoltan

Last Laugh-2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's the last song i did at the old place. I chopped up my own playing in the Polyend Tracker and programmed drums and bits and pieces.   

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

What a fun song Zoltan but it ended too soon!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

Wow!  Add to this.  It's so good!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

Trackers are something I am just now starting to get a little whiff of... will have to check this stuff out...
the snare sounds amazing... wow...
and the bass just below it.
this reminds me of an old song "did you ever have to make up your mind."  what a great tune...
this rocks along man

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Short and catchy! A toe tapper, no doubt!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

Sorry to bump my own. I was in a strange mood a while back (because of the move and going old stuff) and was thinking of going full on lo-fi for a while. Doing an album worth of songs for the pre-teenage mind. I had album art and song titles planned and while walking the dog(s) i got these simplistic lo-fi / cold wave type of thingies running in my head.

I had the full intention of ditching the guitar(s) and most of the synths too. Just going the tracker route and sketching things in front of the tv (which sounds like a very rock'n'roll thing to do).

I _almost_ did that. Then my mood shifted and i couldn't be arsed with the tracker. After the move the tracker hasn't moved from the box :) I STILL love it and i'm going to get back to it. It's just that it's easier to crank stuff out with the plain ol' guitar.

Also this track that was meant to be just a filler / transitional track was both that and an experiment. To see how well the Tracker workflow would work with real playing. Mostly using real playing as basis of the song and arranging it in the tracker. In the end i didn't like the end results. I would rather do that kind of lo-fi outside the tracker and more electronic stuff inside the tracker.

That was the origin story for this track. It's also the last time i sang at the old place. I ended up posting it because i kept on bumping into it and wanted to get it out from my "head".
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Cool fun track, Z and what a crazy ending!
Ray Brookes

Blooby

Love a well-constructed tune. Fun...and that opening lyric was a cracker.

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on October 25, 2023, 04:24:03 AMSorry to bump my own. I was in a strange mood a while back (because of the move and going old stuff) and was thinking of going full on lo-fi for a while. Doing an album worth of songs for the pre-teenage mind. I had album art and song titles planned and while walking the dog(s) i got these simplistic lo-fi / cold wave type of thingies running in my head.

I had the full intention of ditching the guitar(s) and most of the synths too. Just going the tracker route and sketching things in front of the tv (which sounds like a very rock'n'roll thing to do).

I _almost_ did that. Then my mood shifted and i couldn't be arsed with the tracker. After the move the tracker hasn't moved from the box :) I STILL love it and i'm going to get back to it. It's just that it's easier to crank stuff out with the plain ol' guitar.

Also this track that was meant to be just a filler / transitional track was both that and an experiment. To see how well the Tracker workflow would work with real playing. Mostly using real playing as basis of the song and arranging it in the tracker. In the end i didn't like the end results. I would rather do that kind of lo-fi outside the tracker and more electronic stuff inside the tracker.

That was the origin story for this track. It's also the last time i sang at the old place. I ended up posting it because i kept on bumping into it and wanted to get it out from my "head".

It's not often that I hear music to write in my head while walking or something.  Songwriting works very different for me.  Sometimes though, after practicing parts over and over again and then recording them and playing along with those recorded tracks I can come up with new parts for over and around the others...so in some of those processes I hear music to go with that sometimes... but experimenting is alot of what we do on this site so go right ahead..
thanks for posting more info on your process ... also I would add that it is good you recognized from this experiment better how to use the tracker and the guitars etc... that is half the battle, figuring out what you process is.
plus you know you love playing that guitar (s)...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Trist

a quirky and fun little ditty is this, wish it was longer, i was into it, fun track