Sparks, Stars & Pandemonium-Original

Started by Johnbee, October 19, 2023, 07:41:57 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Don't give up John. I love your songs and your style of songwriting too. You're a great musician.  We're all basically the same, only a handful of people will ever hear our music. And it's annoying sometimes because most deserve more. It makes me mad when I hear some of the crap that gets played on the radio etc. and I hear some real talented people in sites like this.
As long as you keep enjoying it, keep doing it if you can.
Take care.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Johnbee

Mike S, SE, Berrypatch & Darren-Thanks so much. Thanks again, Steven & Zoltan. The responses and support I'm seeing here are very encouraging.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

karl1171

I'm relatively new on here, and to be honest I haven't listened to much of your back catalogue. What I have heard I've enjoyed, always impecabbly recorded and produced, with interesting chord changes and structure.

I had a long hiatus, I still played but recorded and wrote very little until the last couple of years. Having a young family was a good excuse though. Really its just been something I like to do for my own enjoyment, and I like to listen to what I've created.

I think maybe you just need a break from this - you've said you enjoy experimenting with chords and melodies, so sooner or later you'll do somthing again that makes you want to record and develop whatever you come up with

Johnbee

Quote from: karl1171 on October 30, 2023, 05:31:37 AMI'm relatively new on here, and to be honest I haven't listened to much of your back catalogue. What I have heard I've enjoyed, always impecabbly recorded and produced, with interesting chord changes and structure.

I had a long hiatus, I still played but recorded and wrote very little until the last couple of years. Having a young family was a good excuse though. Really its just been something I like to do for my own enjoyment, and I like to listen to what I've created.

I think maybe you just need a break from this - you've said you enjoy experimenting with chords and melodies, so sooner or later you'll do somthing again that makes you want to record and develop whatever you come up with

Thanks Karl for listening and your observation.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!