Sparks, Stars & Pandemonium-Original

Started by Johnbee, October 19, 2023, 07:41:57 AM

Blooby

John can tell you that although there have been technical issues, I have been remixing our debut album to death. We have culled what we think is the best of what we have posted here. I am legitimately proud of what we have, but I know it will be released to a deafening silence. It is what it is.

If you choose not to post here, that would be a shame, but please don't be discouraged. I have been consistently gobsmacked over your melodic and tonal choices. Wherever you are on this journey, just be true to yourself and keep churning it out...even if only to put a wry grin on your face.

Know that you are appreciated here.

Blooby/Bruce

Redler

Absolutely brilliant, John! Fine job with composition and arrangement. Top class performance, too.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Trist

you would be ideal at composing  a musical for thetre . you have all the aspects in the cpnstruction and style, very musical and different

enjoyed

Zoltan

JohnBee is in a genre of his own. The style is instanly recognizable. There's SOMETHING in JohnBees voice and the way he sings that reminds me of something. Something lost and something familiar. Was there someone who had the same kind of flow in the 70's- early 80's, or have i once again been time travelling back and forth? :D

It would be interesting to be the fly on the wall and see how JB works. The compositions are so carefully planned and together that i would imagine he's a real nitpicker when it comes to details. Like a mathematician, or a somekind of a musical scientist. Yet it's the playfullness of it all that throws me off!

It's kinda like he'd start out with a strict and by the book type of composition and come the night time the fairies would come out and play with him and the song.

Great stuff!

(I know i might sometimes bend the language a bit, but in this case the fairies do now have any hidden meanings :D just thought to clarify!).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Godingc,SE,Blooby,Trist,Redler & Zoltan-Thanks so much for listening and your feedback, guys
:) John B

@Zoltan-I get what you mean.  No worries. ;)

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

Damn... I didn't see (that means read!) the song post.

I can understand your frustration. Your songs are on such a level that they're bound to take a lot of work and drive a man (woman, or a thing) mad.

Your contributions are hugely appreciated. The thing is that SC doesn't have a huge reach as far as audiences are concerned. To find more ears for your music you'd need to post on several platforms and most likely get connected / actively push your music to new ears.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Damn, what to say. Every now and again most of us question why we are doing this. It's funny behind every song post and member avatar lies a real person with real emotions. A few before you have posted similar thoughts on possibly calling it a day but I think most of the time they have second thoughts thankfully.

From where I am in my head with contributing to the site, the way I look at it... yes of course I like when people listen/comment on my songs. But really I am a bit like Trev. I am doing it for myself more than anything. It brings myself joy to try and create a song first and foremost. If others like I am really happy too, but even if only one or two listened I would be ok with that. I am a bit sad in that I like to go back and listen to my own songs just for enjoyment.... so the more I make the more I have.

But anyhow... what a tune... this is amongst your finest. Beautiful creation and added to a growing collection on my Mac of JohnBee tunes for future listening.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Mike_S on October 26, 2023, 02:55:19 PMDamn, what to say. Every now and again most of us question why we are doing this. It's funny behind every song post and member avatar lies a real person with real emotions. A few before you have posted similar thoughts on possibly calling it a day but I think most of the time they have second thoughts thankfully.

From where I am in my head with contributing to the site, the way I look at it... yes of course I like when people listen/comment on my songs. But really I am a bit like Trev. I am doing it for myself more than anything. It brings myself joy to try and create a song first and foremost. If others like I am really happy too, but even if only one or two listened I would be ok with that. I am a bit sad in that I like to go back and listen to my own songs just for enjoyment.... so the more I make the more I have.

But anyhow... what a tune... this is amongst your finest. Beautiful creation and added to a growing collection on my Mac of JohnBee tunes for future listening.

Mike

yes Mike, you should like your own music... and also by listening back we hear ways we can improve and see our progress too...  I agree with you too that what makes SC special is that it is a small site and people do actually interact... that makes it worthwhile to me...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

As always great stuff, you have that jazzy feeling to your recording,s
But if it's not doing it for you then I would move on.
Maybe try somewhere where jazzy is your thing.
recorder
Boss BR-80

BerryPatch

I think of songwriting almost like painting, it's a way of creating something you can be proud of. Sometimes I just have this urge to pour out a song idea I've had knocking around and it always feels satisfying when I'm able to get that song to a finished state. But I definitely see where you are coming from, sometimes it can be discouraging when your music isn't as heard as it should be (don't give up though! There's plenty people on here who are always open to listen including myself!).

Another great song here, I love the dissonant chord changes in the middle sections and the lyrics are extremely thoughtful, I love the effort you put in to them! The arrangement is stellar and professional too. Another great one!