Sparks, Stars & Pandemonium-Original

Started by Johnbee, October 19, 2023, 07:41:57 AM

Johnbee

Sparks Stars Pandemonium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This might be my final offering.

Sometimes I don't know why I do this.  It takes several weeks to put together one of these things and takes everything in me to  produce and in the end only a small handful of people (at best) hear them.  I guess what it all comes down to is I like to play around with sounds and music notes to see what I can come up with.  It's a discovery excursion.  Perhaps I'm looking at what might have been if I would've made better choices in the earlier part of my life when all I had was an acoustic guitar and a cassette recorder.  Anyway, enjoy!

:) John B

You wanted black.  You wanted red
You wanted sympathy but got scorned instead
You wanted wrong.  You wanted right
You wanted darkness gone.  You love the light
Anything you wanted anytime.

You wanted sparks.  You wanted stars
You fought pandemonium but by and large
you bought a dream and broke the rules
Now anytime you draw the line you play the fool
Knowing that it's truth you seek
Choosing words you cannot speak
You just can't be wrong
Friends have tried to see your way
Knowing what you are
No one wants to understand it's just like you.

(Break)

Take it to the top
You won't stop.
You try to make a name for yourself
doing what you know
You must be stay silent.  You be nobody
Just keep it to yourself
Don't share it with the world, please!

You wanted high.  You wanted low
You wanted all those things to make a warm heart cold
You wanted fast.  You wanted slow
but everywhere you look there's only so much soul
Knowing that it's everywhere
They just don't care.

c 2023 John Bowen Music

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

The chord progressions you use are always a treat and very creative John! As always, great vocals/lyrics and I was happy to hear you added a vocal harmony at the last verse. You should do more of that because it sounds great and gave a slight change up to the song. The 5 second pause at 1:45 is a great setup for the flute solo that follows. This is excellent songwriting that is way beyond my skills.

John, I think we all go through moments of wondering why we do this, I know I do. It is time consuming, heart and soul work but can be rewarding when people listen and comment on your work. If you are like me, I think my latest song creations are my best until I record them and hear them too many times to count during the process. By the time they are finished I end up questioning myself on the choices I made for the song. I'm rambling a bit, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the best reward is knowing you've created something unique, out of thin air, which a lot of people can't do. I think you write incredible songs. To quote Ricky Nelson's lyrics in Garden Party "You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself". I'm not sure if any of ramblings makes sense or help but I hope you keep writing and posting songs because I enjoy listening to them. I'm guilty of not commenting enough and I need to put more effort into that.

Cheers,

Farrell

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

We all go through the same dilemma, John. Spending hours and hours on creating something only to realise that only a handful of people bother listening to it. Regrettably it's the nature of the creative beast to do this so never give up.

I always like listening to your songs with the interesting chord progressions/melodies. This song is in your own inimitable style. Very professionally produced and arranged with every instrument carefully placed.
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

Quote from: Ray Brookes on October 19, 2023, 01:04:43 PMWe all go through the same dilemma, John. Spending hours and hours on creating something only to realise that only a handful of people bother listening to it. Regrettably it's the nature of the creative beast to do this so never give up.

I always like listening to your songs with the interesting chord progressions/melodies. This song is in your own inimitable style. Very professionally produced and arranged with every instrument carefully placed.

Thanks Ray and Farrell.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

StephenM

Your voice has alot of emotion..  its like desire..
The illusive success... yes... why do we do it.. well sometimes i am hungry and eat... can't just do that!  Personally I have enjoyed hearing your tracks.  Nobody i know does anything like your songs.  Unique and very good.  The comps of your music were very excellent musically...as these songs you can make...
Somewhere down the line we will require an encore!
This song sounds really good.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

I agree with all that has been said I question why too but I think I do it as a form of therapy and try to accept what I do isn't everybody's cup of tea and only a few will comment but mostly I do it for myself and the like minded .....so carry on John accept you need to be creative one because it helps you release  and two because your good at it too.and three I enjoy listening to what you come up with.... 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pete C

A lovely and interesting song John. As somebody who could never write a piece of music like this it would be a shame to see you give up when you have such a talent. Even if only a small number of people get to listen to your work at least you've provided them with the pleasure of hearing it

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

Thanks Steven, 2 regs and Pete.  Thank you for taking the time to listen & comment.

-Duke Ellington

godinqc

Great work, I really liked the chord changes in this piece.
Lovely vocals and great drums, guitar and bass.  Very creative song and really well produced. 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Always, complete with excellent production, big respect!!
recorder
Boss BR-80