Living in the future

Started by karl1171, October 17, 2023, 06:52:35 AM

karl1171

Living in the future 2_160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've had this synth part hanging around for a number of years, finally managed to make it into a song.

Usual set up of guitar and bass, the rest though cubase. Guitar is using AXP Flextron vst and synth is SxMJune Juno 6 emulator vst.

Just as a matter of interest Living in the Future was an schools tv program in the UK in the early 80s. The name just suddenly struck a chord!

Farrell Jackson

The first thing that catches my ear is the excellent vocal and melody. The synths are also cool and the lead guitar break is tasty. A real good song!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

Such a good song! Strong melodies and positively 80s vibe.

Manages to keep the listeners interest until the end.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Love that big synth sound and a great song. Excellent guitar work too!
Ray Brookes

StephenM

This is so inviting... so delightful, so sweet.... and yet BEWARE!  There is danger below that swirling music madness... oh but it cannot be... this song is so raw goodness... rockin and rollin, the bass grabs ya just right... but that hi synth just takes toward the cosmos... and then the guitars... this is the kind of stuff that tried to keep me in my 20's.... I still haven't left... you haven't helped here man...

Aldo Nova never rocked this hard...  I think I hear helicopters...

the vocals are really good and the drums rock like the world is on fire... well done man...well done

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Great song, really liked the  British 80's vibe to it ..
Really good vocals and guitars .. Great work ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

BerryPatch

Wow! What a cool track, new wave with harder edge. Great sense of melody and the sound is very full. Love those synth tones!

Mike_S

Lovely track. Great to hear this style... synth and guitar driven rock. It's a style I really like. Love the vocal too, I would even spotlight it a wee bit more bringing it up a little more in the mix. But great track.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Love the sound of that Juno synth ringing out in there. What library is that from?  Nice track.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

Quote from: Johnbee on October 22, 2023, 06:10:31 PMJuno synth ringing out in there. What library is that from?

Johnbee do you have something to tell us? Perhaps you're living a secret life as a famous Dark Ambient musician in the synth world? :) The jazz is only for the soul. The other stuff is to bring the bread on the table...

Still a cool song. Had to revisit because even the title alone grabs attention.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper