Stars Brook - Instrumental Fest 2023

Started by Pete C, October 15, 2023, 12:24:28 PM

Pete C

Stars Brook
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

An ambient piece inspired by summer walks with my dog across the fields to a little stream nearby called Stars Brook where we stop and sit on the steps of the little wooden bridge.

All sounds are from the Arturia Microfreak into my Boss BR800.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

At first I thought - just another piece of electronic stuff - then those string sounds came in with the melodic lines and I was hooked. Great piece of ambient music - reflective and interesting.
Ray Brookes

BerryPatch

Cool instrumental Pete, the cool about this fest is seeing all the different kinds of instrumentals people will come up with. Really nice synth tones and calming, natural ambience.

StephenM

I totally dig this Pete... it is very excellent... these types of creative soundscapes are hitting me just right... it's comforting and pleasant... I am downloading this one...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

ODH

Ooh, sumptuous. That arpeggiated synth is reminding me of White Eagle Tangerine Dream, which is a great place to be. (And also a little bit 70's BBC schools programming). You're really knocking it out of the park with the synth.

Lovely stuff.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

hardlock

I hear a sci-fi movie theme here. Cool vibes! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

The fungus is growing. The bacteria has arrived. The mighty mites have gathered around the master. The birds are having a somekind of a fit. Perhaps there's an angry sloth approaching behind the trees?
As nothing much happens (as it often goes with sloths) I start having a sudden urge to visit the loo. The constant sound of water flowing might have otherwise made me worried if the aquarium had broke, but i already know it did (I threw it in the bin).

What does this have to do with the song? Well at first it reminded me of a somekind of educational show aimed towards children.

Fascinating.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Fine piece of instrumental music! Nicely panned instruments here. I can hear bird's singing on the right channel, sounds so good.

Great track, Pete!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Nice ambiant track Pete, love the water sound ,very relaxing..
Very Kraftwerk.
Good stuff

godinqc

Cool instrumental , I agree it has a Kraftwerk vibe to it ..
Well done ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800