The Battle Is For The Mind (Cleansing)

Started by StephenM, October 12, 2023, 05:26:37 PM

StephenM

The Battle Is For The Mind (Cleansing)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instrumental

I admit that all this insanity in the world, exacerbated by the middle east now, is taking it's toll on my mind.  I get up and do my things that I have always done, and need to do for those I love and myself, and the communities I am part of... but in my head there is a battle going on... and that battle has always gone on... but I hold hope that in my mind the good will dispel the darkness... the light will shine so bright that the darkness disappears. 

My heart is with everyone but especially on the innocents... the ones who are not at fault....

1 acoustic guitar (Luna)
1 Shecter bass with crazy guitar effects
1 Harley Benton PRS copy on single coil with the boss me-25
1 Tama acoustic drum kit..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Experimental........epic experience......mental.........as all heck.......disorienting even at times.......I have listened a few times and don't know how to comment.....it's your soul and mind on display here........very cool and a great listen.....it's a battle for sure...stay safe Steve

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Cowbell, the guitar that demands attention. That proggy 70s era riff driven Steph approach to drums.

The whole tracks pummels the listener into submission. If there wasn't that hint of sadness and despair to the sound it could work as the intro music for a wrestler walking into the pit.

The one that was at one time compared to Neil Young managed to hit harder than Neil ever did.

Cool sounds and it never lets up.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

The anxious guitar the weeping solo the tangle of guitars I think you get your point across well maybe it could do with a bit of yoko screaming just to
Bring that point to a head and explode the tension you've created good one Steve

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

I can hear the angst, despair, and exasperation in the music. The buildup of frustration is on full display. The good thing about creating music is it helps to ease some of those feelings. Stephen, your music is expressing what a lot of us feel. Well done...   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

hardlock

A wild emotional ride for sure! Did your guitar plug come loose at the beginning or an effect? I had to start it over thinking I can a bad headphone connection. ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

BerryPatch

I can hear the emotion in this, it's truly fitting for all the chaos that seems to be happening all over the world. That frantic guitar work is a thing of beauty. It has an 80s noise rock feel to it almost, like from what I've heard of early Sonic Youth.  Very cool piece of music Stephen!

StephenM

Quote from: hardlock on October 16, 2023, 01:58:25 AMA wild emotional ride for sure! Did your guitar plug come loose at the beginning or an effect? I had to start it over thinking I can a bad headphone connection. ::)

it was on purpose...lol

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Cool track ,I used to listen to alot of the velvet underground on a Friday night with diefic dave and several bottles of alcohol.
This reminds me of those days.
Great stuff.