Fallen songcrafters jukebox

Started by bruno, October 12, 2023, 09:59:49 AM

bruno

Just floating an idea ...

Given that we seemed to have lost a few members of late, was wondering if it was a good idea to have a "in-memory-of" jukebox. To have a couple of songs for each member that we have lost over the years, just as a tribute. I've no idea how the tracks would be selected, perhaps their first and last and a favorite, or a vote??? But am unclear on how many (1 track?) or who nominates. I think it would be a fitting tribute. However, what do you think about this?

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Actually, that's something I've had in mind for a few years. But I was thinking of something simpler. I was just going to make a copy of the existing Members Jukebox and modify it so it would only include the songs of our deceased members. And I might change the Random Dozen feature to Random 100 so you could listen all day if you like. And, of course, you'd be able to listen to all of the songs of any one member by clicking on their name in the list at the right.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to it but it's definitely on my list of things to do.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

alfstone

It is a good idea. Keeping things simple is better.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 12, 2023, 07:49:21 PMI was just going to make a copy of the existing Members Jukebox and modify it so it would only include the songs of our deceased members. And I might change the Random Dozen feature to Random 100 so you could listen all day if you like.

This would be a great way to do it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ted on October 13, 2023, 03:13:19 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on October 12, 2023, 07:49:21 PMI was just going to make a copy of the existing Members Jukebox and modify it so it would only include the songs of our deceased members. And I might change the Random Dozen feature to Random 100 so you could listen all day if you like.

This would be a great way to do it.
love this idea 64g-man

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

These news suck *ss.

Next time i'd like to hear about someone coming back.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

I made a first attempt at the Fallen Songcrafters jukebox today. You can access it by clicking the Songcrafters Jukeboxes button at the top of the page, then click the Fallen Songcrafters button in the jukebox buttonbar at the left. You'll find it between Member Jukeboxes and Overlooked Gems.

There's a minor bug in the Random 100 feature. It often shows a few less than 100 songs. I'll try to fix it when I get a chance. I also need to create a suitable banner graphic.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

chunk, SwanSong, and tafka all have songs in the Overlooked Gems jukebox. Maybe we should all have a listen to those songs and post a comment so they'll automatically get removed from that jukebox. The Overlooked Gems jukebox contains all song posts with less than 2 comments, so it won't take much effort to post enough comments to remove our fallen Songcrafters' songs from the Overlooked Gems jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website