Cold Wind by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, October 10, 2023, 09:13:58 PM

Ted

The art of psychedelic pop is alive and well.

I can even hear a bit of the Old Man's influence here.

I put it on repeat and let it play about four times.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ted on October 13, 2023, 04:14:30 AMI can even hear a bit of the Old Man's influence here.
It might be the other way around Ted....I'm just trying to keep up with Keith....hahaha.....he definitely has his own unique and awesome style that's for sure...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 13, 2023, 11:26:47 AM
Quote from: Ted on October 13, 2023, 04:14:30 AMI can even hear a bit of the Old Man's influence here.
It might be the other way around Ted....I'm just trying to keep up with Keith....hahaha.....he definitely has his own unique and awesome style that's for sure...

I agree... Keith is amazing...  a really great producer...and also plays and sings so well... it's a combo born for great songs... and that is what Keith delivers every time.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw! I get why folk see a bit of Todd Rundgren in this one, I'm getting a Rufus Wainwright vibe, but it's all berry junior. gaun yersel young yin.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Yeah back for some more, just cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Mike_S

This is a mighty tune Keith. I was thinking about halfway through that I could hear a similarity with your Dad somewhere, just a kind of undercurrent, but it's there. And that's a lovely thing. But this is just a great tune with a great chord progression. It harks back to a time when music was epic with no gimmicks or tricks. Fab.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: Mike_S on October 15, 2023, 03:35:56 PMI could hear a similarity with your Dad somewhere, just a kind of undercurrent, but it's there.

It didn't strike me at first. I listened to the song on repeat about four times. Later the song was playing in my head, but my brain had swapped in Blueberry's voice. And it sounded very natural that way. I swear I wasn't reaching for this comparison. I was reminded of the band Klaatu.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

Wow! Close to a perfect pop song; beautiful composition and vocal melody. Great singing, playing, production and arrangement.

I'm sure that if a well known singer recorded this, it would be a hit! Really enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Im a fan.
It's another great song.
It's an instantly recognisable Berry patch tune.
Guitars and keys sound great.
Strings are a nice touch.
Well done.

godinqc

Great song, it has a  nice Beatles vibe to it , I really liked the chord change and melody .. The production is also top notch ..  Great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800