When All Is Lost (full instrumentation)

Started by StephenM, October 10, 2023, 08:12:26 PM

StephenM

When All Is Lost (full instrumentation)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
apologies for dropping this in so soon... I did not know this would come together and I needed some healing...

Will your faith stand strong?  When the nights are long.  Will you run with the crowd and just go along?  Will you stand the trial, when the people are in denial.  When the wolves howl and want to devour you?
Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in love.
Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in blood.
Though the fire is higher, the flames hotter and hotter.  When your mind is aching and your heart is racing toward the end.
Do you know who paid your bill?  With his heartbreak climb uphill.  Will you let go and let him heal your soul. 

Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in love.
Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in blood.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Wowser! This is great! After a few hours of sleep this is such a joy to hear.

The songwriting is strong and there's a touch of BOC vibe to it also. Especially in the choruses.

The playing works beautifully and those vocs. The whole musical storytelling with carefully placed melodies.

Bravo Stephen!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

karl1171

That's a decent song with some good guitar work. I like it

TPB

This is some strong song writing skill brother and you have nailed the mix you should be proud of this one
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

BerryPatch

Wowzers Stephen, this is fantastic! So inspired; the melody, lyrics and music are so complete and brilliant. It has a mid 70s prog feel, like a Kansas or Styx sound. Absolutely beautiful song!

Ray Brookes

Lovely song, Stephen. The lyrics are great and the production first class. I like the folk-rock vibe along with the haunting vocal. Great work.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

Well...this is just about as good as it gets........so strong and powerful and pro sounding......absolutely top class song and songcrafting Steve.........well done

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Back for more.........pure joy listening to this........you have officially hit this out of the park......over state lines......I love the instrumental choices you have made here........perfect man....perfect.....your voice sounds so good here.......be proud of this beauty ....stay safe buddy

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

des0free

This is just completely super, I think may be my all-time favorite of yours!  Everything is just coming together, so well: the composition, Melody, vocals (hell yes!), drums (another hell yeah!).  It really sounds like a song that could be on the radio. Congrats on this one!  I know you mentioned liking Kansas, and I think this has a little bit of that flavor or influence perhaps.  This will be one I come back to.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR