One Small Candle

Started by Bluesberry, October 10, 2023, 05:11:09 PM

Mike_S

This is massive... epic. It gets really proggy, but 70's prog. Hearing shades of Yes in here or even a bit of Mountain. Man this is brilliant. I just love hearing tunes made in 2023 that have that genuine old classic rock feel. Like a big two fingers up to some of the auto-tuned, quantized, ultra compressed, over produced crap that goes for music these days. Well done Dave... backed up by stellar work from Keith.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Brilliant composition and arrangement, everything sounds 'massive' on this! You guys are great musicians!

Top class production as well.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

swooped in off that sampler juke to hear this again... it is an epic journey of a song... sure prog would be a good descriptor but also sort of like some Elton John stuff from the mid 70's... has that sort of great feel... lots of passion, emotion, intellect... the keys do sound great and sure enough that bass is wonderful.. tight...the whole thing is tight..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Awesome song, I must have missed this first time around.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Lurker

I love how the positivity of the melody supports the lyric. Listening, my minds eye was watching the closing scene of a film as the credits begin. The outro makes me want to keep listening. I was disappointed when it ended. This is a good thing.

Pipes

Great

Nice chord progressions

..needs a few more listens to capture everything:)

Thanks
Nick

Ted

Maybe I can push your Canada button: This reminds me of Celine Dion! Just kidding. In all seriousness: This triggered a Klaatu flashback. I can't put my finger on what it is. Maybe it's the Beatles-but-not-Beatles chords combined with BerryPatch's big fat dramatic contributions. The tone of the bass and the precision of the playing are amazing. Great job, father and son!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

This is what eargasm sounds like.

Klaatu barada nikto.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ron D Bowes

Big sound filling the speakers. Cool composition and performance. Nice one!

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on February 24, 2024, 05:48:27 AMKlaatu barada nikto.

"Near the end of the film, as Klaatu is pursued by the U.S. Armed Forces, he urges Helen Benson to memorize the phrase, saying "There's no limit to what he can do. He could destroy the Earth... If anything should happen to me, you must go to Gort; you must say these words: 'Klaatu barada nikto."

had to look this up.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner