When All Is Lost

Started by StephenM, October 10, 2023, 04:49:18 PM

StephenM

When All Is Lost
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I am heartbroken.  This song is for all the innocents... I am sick of all the sickness, war, and death.  Terrorism, hatred, evil... my tears flow from my face even now... I am homesick for a world wherein dwelle[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=195361;type=preview;file"]When All Is Lost.mp3[/url] th righteousness... where we lay down our arms, where we live in love and harmony.

in my grief I look up and around... because in the midst of the chaos and the turmoil and the death...
Still I Find Love... Still I find a reason to live.... Still I find hope...

and one day we shall find, a land that flows with milk and honey.  A land that is fairer than day...
a land where we shall all just be!

Will your faith stand strong?  When the nights are long.  Will you run with the crowd and just go along?  Will you stand the trial, when the people are in denial.  When the wolves howl and want to devour you?
Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in love.
Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in blood.
Though the fire is higher, the flames hotter and hotter.  When your mind is aching and your heart is racing toward the end.
Do you know who paid your bill?  With his heartbreak climb uphill.  Will you let go and let him heal your soul. 

Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in love.
Or will you look above to the power of the son.  When all is lost, can you pay the cost in blood.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Wow, this is a really good song with a super performance Stephen! The acoustic sounds clear and full and your vocal/lyrics place it on the top shelf. Take a bow for a guy with just his voice and acoustic!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Total beauty of a song dude........your anguish has turned into a very powerful and beautiful song......we are living through very strange and dark times...biblical times...hang on, it's gonna get darker and crazier before it all turns around........I love this song.........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

I have nothing to add to what Mr Farrell and Reverend Berry already said! The song works as great with this barebones man & guitar arrangement, or with the full blown band backing. A surefire sign of a great song.

Also the sounds you're able to crank out makes me grin. I was literally smiling like a loonie while i walked outside and listened to these songs on the latest songs -player.
Gone are the occasionally muddy sounding mixes heard in some of the earlier songs and in are the solid arrangements, clear mixes and full on storytelling with confident vocals. How's that for progress? :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SE

Just a great anti war song, cannot disagree with  your cenitment.
Great vocal and guitar, cool stuff!!

recorder
Boss BR-80

SE

Back for some more. we just need some anti war songs just now!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Pete C

Lovely song Stephen and full of emotion. I'm getting so tired of the majority suffering for the interests and ideals of the few. It just seems to get worse every day.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Quote from: SE on October 14, 2023, 04:27:44 PMBack for some more. we just need some anti war songs just now!!!

Yes we do. this is powerful stuff. We really do need more songs to rail against the madness. An anti-war fest would be great soon. Top song, your emotion and sentiment comes through 100%. Also this sounds a fully live take. Lovely.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand