Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus cover for 2000s fest

Started by ODH, October 10, 2023, 02:41:35 AM

ODH

Dirtbag copy
Time:
0:00
Volume:
21stCentury (banner image missing)

Cover of the 2001 Wheatus song, Teenage Dirtbag.

GB drums and bass, several guitar tracks and some vocals. Try to see past that it's a song about teenagers sung by a bloke pushing 60.

I'm seeing Wheatus on Sunday, as luck would have it.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

Brilliant..definitely an ODH song and a great choice ! Couldn't wait to hear how you'd do the "I've got two tickets for Iron Maiden part. Great listen !

Enjoy your gig on Sunday !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Quote from: Pete C on October 10, 2023, 04:38:05 AMBrilliant..definitely an ODH song and a great choice ! Couldn't wait to hear how you'd do the "I've got two tickets for Iron Maiden part. Great listen !

Enjoy your gig on Sunday !

Pete

I chose to do it straight after considering many options. I'm looking forward to seeing how Wheatus do it at the gig.

kenny mac

Great grungy tone on the chorus Nick.
I also like  the quieter part near the end before it all kicks off again.
Had it blasting in my car.
Good stuff.

cuthbert

Very cool cover! I hadn't heard the song before, but I love the dynamics in your version. Slamming drums and a nice mix of acoustic and electric guitars with plaintive vocals. And hey, all of us were teenagers once and won't forget it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Superb ......love the grungy guitars......sounds so good

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

To me the guitar on this is blistering good stuff Nick... you really rock those guitars hard and I dig it... really great stuff... the tones.. the style.. oh yeah
vocals are perfect too.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I was happy to hear that the twist in the end wasn't that the teenage dirtbag grew up and became just a dirtbag :)

I agree that this is definitely ODH song. No one here could do it justice like you do. From Banamarama to Wheatus. This guy has it all figured out!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

ODH

Quote from: Zoltan on October 11, 2023, 05:45:27 AMthe teenage dirtbag grew up and became just a dirtbag :)

That's a song waiting to be written, Old Age Dirtbag

BerryPatch

Frigging excellent, this is a great song but on the original I was never big on the lead singer's voice. I like your voice on this cover way more! Outstanding production, those guitars sound huge while retaining a cool, lofi sound. This festival is going to be a lot of fun to see what songs people cover!