Long Time Lovers

Started by Zoltan, October 08, 2023, 01:14:16 PM

Zoltan

Long Time Lovers
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a rough demo. The vocals are the first scratch guide i did. I just wanted to end the radio silence :)

Long Time Lovers

I saw you dancing in the moonlight
You looked like a witch, or out of your mind
You were holding my hand
I was crazy in love

We sailed thru the seas we saw many things
But nothing stuck like the medusa sting
Pee all over my face
And it turned out to be old wives tale

CH:
And we loved thru the night
And we loved thru the day
Panties flying everywhere
Like that was a game
Life is too short
For long time lovers

Edit: The song wrote itself and now i feel like i either ripped someone off, or it's something i threw away earlier... Some parts are based on reality so i know those aren't inspired by anything else than life!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

fantastic Z. It's a great thing when a song brings a smile to the face and this certainly does. Love your voice on this, it really suited to this... you almost give it a bit of a crooner feel which is perfect. I feel like maybe I have had a bit of a sheltered life after reading the lyrics! :) Great work Zoltan.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

was the Pee from golden showers?  I know some folks that were into that... I didn't quite get it but hey whatever floats your boat...
I did find this to be a real delight of a song.. before I read the lyrics I thought this is like a early to mid 60's tune but with a modern recording sound... i love the sound of the guitar...and the way they are panned it really allows the bass guitar to weave around the track so well...
a very simple and superb sound...

but the vocals are king here..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I have to clarify! That "pee" part is pure fiction and it's meant as the treatment for Medusa (Jelly fish)  burn :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on October 09, 2023, 03:30:48 PMI have to clarify! That "pee" part is pure fiction and it's meant as the treatment for Medusa (Jelly fish)  burn :)

cracks me up... I heard about the pee for jelly fish burns... I think that came along because ya just gotta use what is right available!  lol... you can say what ya want but I am going with my interpretation!  I am laughing me arse off.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

SE

Great country vibe, yes very listenable, with excellent  guitar and vocals, suits you sir!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

Lovely laid-back country-swing song. The peeing thing on a jellyfish sting is effective; we have such an animal down here in Australia called a blue bottle jellyfish and it is an evil bloody thing that haunts our beaches. Peeing on the sting is a good remedy (that is if you can find someone to do it for you)
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

Full of awesomeness.......just the light and fun touch that was needed........today......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Ray Brookes on October 10, 2023, 01:09:05 PMLovely laid-back country-swing song. The peeing thing on a jellyfish sting is effective; we have such an animal down here in Australia called a blue bottle jellyfish and it is an evil bloody thing that haunts our beaches. Peeing on the sting is a good remedy (that is if you can find someone to do it for you)

blue bottle jellyfish?  that does sound evil...  which then brings me to the question how would one ask someone to pee on them?  lol... of course if I were screaming in agony from the sting then maybe someone would know.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Zoltan

Quote from: StephenM on October 11, 2023, 05:26:56 AMwhich then brings me to the question how would one ask someone to pee on them? 

You can always do it yourself! :) But don't do it in advance. The story doesn't tell if it's still effective if "applied" before the sting.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper