A Conversation With Dave - ODH Instrumental

Started by ODH, October 05, 2023, 12:55:03 PM

ODH

CWD
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

I was doing my routine call to my mother a few days ago, noodling on the Supersonic as is my wont, and I found myself playing pretty much all of the parts to what became this.

I transposed them to piano on GarageBand the added the drums and guitar after.

The Dave here is Dave Brubeck, since some parts reminded me of his music, which I used to listen to a lot in my younger days.

It feels like I could continue with this but nothing I've attempted has worked so far.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

thetworegs

I'm sure Dave was interested in what you had to say...I enjoyed eavesdropping....A thought has come to mind while listening ...so your mothers called Dave ? I suppose it is modern times after all 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pete C

Nice composition Nick, plenty of variation to keep the interest going and some pretty cool parts in it.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Really excellent composition, lots to keep the listener interested, the changes in tempo are just cool, well done, loved it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

I would rather listen to you any day!  this is great man.... wicked good stuff.
so much to love... I got this on repeat and I am defo adding to my running list... because stuff like this gets me in a zone

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

ODH

Quote from: thetworegs on October 05, 2023, 01:44:49 PMA thought has come to mind while listening ...so your mothers called Dave ?

Lol. That made me laugh. I'd not thought of that.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

hardlock

Love the build-up. Kept me longing for the next surprise. Didn't disappoint! Very cool! What's that, 7/8? 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Farrell Jackson

A cool instrumental Nick! I like the variety that you've put into it. Reminds me a bit of Gentle Giant without words. The only song I'm familiar with by Dave Brubeck is "Take Five", which is a cool song. A great instrumental you've put together, I enjoyed it all from start to finish!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

I used to have a cassette of Dave Brubeck hits, great musician he was. recently discovered some old vinyl too of Dave Brubecks in my Dads collection.

Very original stuff Nick, loved the quirky jazzy opening part and then it morphs into almost classic Supertramp territory which is no mean feat. Great work.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

This is the goods...that's how to do an instrumental up right...very entertaining and very excellent ......what did your mom think of it?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand