First play of a new guitar

Started by thetworegs, October 05, 2023, 12:44:24 PM

thetworegs

First play of the new guitar
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

There's nothing better than playing a new guitar for the first time and I've just bought myself an Epiphone es335 I always wanted a Gibson but after watching a YouTube video where they thought that the Epiphone stands up equally as good in construction and playability as the Gibson I thought why waste the 3,000 plus pounds and got this Blue/Raspberry beauty for £350 of E-Bay which was a complete bargain and I'm loving it......so I thought I'd try an instrumental for the fest...Thanks for listening

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pete C

Nice workout for your new guitar Trev - the Blue/Raspberry finish is a nice change from the usual colours you see on 335s. Sounds good for both rhythym and lead, can definitely here that semi-hollow tone coming through on the lead parts. Great tune too !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

I've always had a yen for the ES335 and it sounds like a great colour (love to see a picture or two). Sounds like you are having a ball with it too.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Geir

Nice one trev.

That guitar sounds lovely in your capable hands
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ray Brookes

Having a lot of fun with that new guitar, Trev and it sounds great. I always wanted a Gibson 335 but could never afford it but maybe the Epiphone might be in reach and sound just as good.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

That's a big difference in price trev, and sounds a good choice. The guitar sounds just great. I need a new guitar soon, might have to consider one myself :)
That sounds like a great first try out. Nice instrumental and backing.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

Congratulations on the new guitar Trevor! It's got the distinctive fat sustaining sound of a semi hollow body with humbuckers. I'm not familiar with the color, I'll have to look it up. Nothing wrong with Epiphone guitars plus it leaves you some cash to buy another one or two. You gave it a cool work out with this tune. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

It does sound like a beast of an instrument. You let loose on this too to try it out. It sounds great, lovely and raw, great big fat tones, You are getting a bit of a Quentin Tarrentino feel here in this piece. Love it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

You shaved the price and are having fun with the guitar! That's what i'd call a bargain and i doubt there would be THAT much of a difference in the joys to be had with the guitar.

Gibson can be a good thing, but super pricey guitars can feel like i burden. Dirty rockin' and that how we like it in these parts. I can hear you channeling your inner "Poison Ivy".
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper