I'm O.K. Now

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, October 03, 2023, 10:57:13 AM

I'm OK Now - 03_10_2023, 17.07
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, just a quickie to try out my new toys. A Fender Acoustasonic Player (Telecaster model) and an Ibanez SR375 Five string Bass. Loving both but the five string bass is a different beast altogether, I gotta work on that one. Anyway, a simple tune I hope you enjoy although the lyrics are more banal than usual.

I stayed awake all night
She said are you all right
I said the futures so bright
And I'm OK now

I see the sun again
I can't see the rain
And I hope you feel the same
'Cos I'm OK now

There were times I didn't know
Which way to turn
And falling in love
So many things I had to learn

I hold you close
You hold me tight
I take my time
And I'm OK now

The morning sun opens
Opens my eyes again
I'm feeling good
Guess I'm OK now

Which way to turn
And falling in love

Instrumental

Which way to turn
And falling in love

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Beautiful melody and lyrics. Great work, Willie!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Very nice enjoyably smooth song! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

I can relate to the lyrics... so many things about love I am learning, day by day... I am just glad I have a woman who can love me through the most difficult stuff.. makes me want to love her more..
I think I like the words to this the best. 

I can never mistake The Gobi Desert Canoe Club for any other artist because you have your own wonderful sounds.  The lead guitar playing is excellent.  I want to slow dance.  The rhythm guitar underneath is perfect for this.  Bass works fine and the drums.  Vocals are typically Willie great!

way to go sir!  Salute.... you do it over and over again so well.
congrats on the new toys and they do sound wonderful.  As for me I have no intention of ever getting anything other than a regular bass.  I am still learning how to use 4 strings (lol)... and folks with more than 6 strings on the guitar... I already find it hard enough...so adding more strings I would be pulling my hair out.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

The Fender Tele-Acoustasonic sounds great Willie! This is a great Country Rock ballad. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

I hope it's all an act and you're not really crying into that Fender Tele-Acoustasonic. They cost money and it would be a shame if you'd messed it up...

Hows that for banal? :D I think the lyrics are good and i like your style of sad Americana. Songs for lonely hearts, broken hearts and hopelessly romantic souls. Wonderful melodies in this one.

Well done Willie! (Nelson? :)).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper