"Hang (Total Redo)" by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, September 29, 2023, 05:02:16 PM

Mike Huntingford

Hang (improved version) small size
Time:
0:00
Volume:
While I was initially happy with the original Hang I could not help but hear my mistakes. So, this version takes elements of the original and I think incorporates them into this all new version.  I was really trying to improve on the acoustic piano elements - hopefully I have achieved that.  Also, in the other version the strings and acoustic/electric guitar compete whereas here I let the strings stand themselves with their own melody (this to me was absolutely necessary).

Would you please advise if this is better.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy it.

You can find a higher fidelity version here:

https://www.reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford/song/34171909-hang-improved-version

UPDATE: Being Featured as Chart-Topping Artists in Colorado Springs:  See https://www.reverbnation.com/scm/92300-chart-topping-colorado-springs?slot_id=234617&fbclid=IwAR3K2RuH2ayXeJHOPhLK9_na-KjU0gzciPfOlozjbXuWIGvZGg6SpYrtaM0

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Pru

beautiful relaxing track. I have not heard the first version yet so i will check it out

Farrell Jackson

Both the mix and songwriting are really good, Mike. I can clearly hear all the instruments. The strings and the guitar aren't fighting for audible space at all. The piano sounds great. Perfection!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike Huntingford

I am so thankful that it has remained faithful to the original yet is different on its own. I am also happy the mix is still open.  I believe that I have resolved some muddiness I detected in the original composition and use of instruments - I think.

Regards,

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

hardlock

Instant DL - Loved the 1st, and this one even better! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Mike Huntingford

Thank you so much.

Just found out being featured as Chart-Topping Artist in Colorado Springs.

Mike Huntingford - Chart-Topping Artist
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Pete C

That's nice Mike, really nice. A great way to end my evening with a relaxing piece of music like this. Totally professional in every way.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike Huntingford

Thanks guys, I'm glad this version is better.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

karl1171

I like aspects of both of them. This version is certainly clearer, the individual instruments can be picked out easier.

I liked the strummed guitar on the other version, but not especially its lead sound. The acoustic on here is nicer.

Zoltan

Hearing songs like this makes me wonder if i should just sell all the guitars and invest in a few higher prices synth workstations :)

Unfortunately for us mere mortals it isn't enough to just have the gear. A certain level of sophistication and taste is needed. And being barely housebroken i think i'll stick to things with strings...

But boy does this sound great. It's an aural journey into a more relaxed headspace. Bringing images of the years gone by to mind. Images mostly harvested from tv as this has that soundtrack - type of vibe.

The only thing that brought me back to earth while listening to this was one of my dogs stinking up the place...

Like i said. A certain level of sophistication is needed.

(You sound more like a cat person, but they smell too... So maybe this is somekind of sorcery, or you're just collecting Franklin mints).

A great song.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper