the story of my cover /video "Kathmandu" Cat Stevens

Started by Jean Pierre, September 25, 2023, 01:47:23 AM

Jean Pierre

if, like me, you use computers to make music, you've probably had the same experience as me - a computer crash or an external hard drive crash, resulting in the permanent loss of data, including music files.
I lost a large number of songs and videos that I had made, despite archiving them twice on 2 external hard disks.

...including this song and video "Katmandu" by Cat Stevens with video images that I had made myself in Katmandu during a 1-month humanitarian mission with Medecins sans Frontieres.

Definitive loss? not totally, because fortunately our songs are archived in the Songcrafters.org jukebox (thank you, thank you, thank you SC).

So I was able to recover the MP3 file of the song, which unfortunately I wasn't able to remix (as I no longer had the separate recording tracks) ..but I did some interesting re-mastering with Ozone 9 element from IZOTOPE (free plug ins and a custom mastering chain with Waves plug ins (SSL compressor Wave, PuigTec EQP1A Wave L1Ultramaximiser Wave and RS56 from Wave).

I've found a video of my mission in Kathmandu and I'll be able to put the music/video clip back on YouTube.

As I'm currently doing a small series of Cat Stevens covers, I'm going to republish the song "Kathmandu" with the new mastering in cover
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo