A Chorus A Verse A Tune

Started by guitarron, April 01, 2008, 08:45:10 PM

I like it, its a bit like a Scotish Ian Dury (which is a good thing in my book) not musically but delivery and lyrically.

guitarron

A Chorus A Verse A Tune
Time:
0:00
Volume:
think i got the instrument mix right-vox redo on the way(i kinda like this vocal tho -Jim)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

N0AGAIN
Time:
Volume:
here we go again, hoping to get instrumental version soon from ron, but in the meantime i added another two vocal tracks to the previous post , just singing as the original vocal panned left and right wi lotsa reverb as per.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

lol-jimmy that's just freakin me out man
i should get that for you tonite-having yet another bday dinner tonite

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quotelol-jimmy that's just freakin me out man
so does that mean  you like it?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

LASTGOAT
Time:
Volume:
last night as i was going to bed, i got an email from guitarron with the instrumental version of song attached, was too late to do anything with so went to bed for my beauty sleep. this morning i imported the instrumental onto mbr replacing the version with vox on it. but i left on the 2 extra vox trax i did in previous version yesterday. bounced that to free trax then added a new lead vocal.
this is probably going to be the last go at this song hence mp3 title. unless my producer ron sez different.
have also updated the song at www.soundclick.com/thebunkbeds

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

It's different-3 vocal tracks- It sounds like the Royal Scottish Choir is singing-lol (that's not a bad thing)
Since we've gone this far with it- i wonder if we could try a mix that has the choir in the choruses-then solo in verses or some of the verses at least-i think it would be a nice diversion-it would pump up the choruses- I'm no Phil Spector-but i do like the production gloss ya put on me-thanx(aint shot nobody either)
This had been a fun project Jim
It's always a pleasure working with ya even tho your on the other side of the globe-makes hard to have beers

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

ok i'll try that but it'll be the weekend before you can hear the results, am off to work for a bit soon.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

135. a chorus a verse and a tune you could hum
Time:
Volume:
ok ron i have followed your suggestion and removed the additional vox from the main body of the song but left them in for the refrain and i think it works really well, makes lead vocal a bit more intimate imho.
but before i post it i am going to highlight just how much you have done to the song and i am going to post my original solo version then i will post what i believe (but that could change once you feedback) to be the final version of the song so people can see how much it progressed and how much you enhanced the song. big big thanks for all the effort and time.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

LASTTIME
Time:
Volume:
okay here is what may prove to be the final version of this song.
big thanks to guitarron. can you spot the difference from the original?

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann