BR 600 seperate rhythm tracks

Started by Joydar, September 24, 2023, 07:52:20 AM

Hello everyone !

Let's say I've arranged my own drum pattern on the br600. Now I want to export the rhythm track, but with a dedicated track for each part, i.e, a seperate track for the kick, another for the snare etc.

This should be possible if I can mute/turn down the unwanted parts, and then record the unmuted to a free virtual track. I do the same with all the parts and then I should have a track for each drum part which I can then export for mixing in a DAW. Anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers!

Joydar

Pete C

As BR600 and BR800 user, I would think that it is possible. Make sure you post the final result on here as I'm sure we'd all like to hear it !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

I haven't tried it as I don't have access to a BR-600. But something like this should work:

1) Copy the drum kit to an empty Song Drum Kit slot (1-5) so you can mess around with the pan settings. See page 140 of the BR-600 manual.

2) Select the copied drum kit as the drum kit for the current song. See pages 136 and 137 of the BR-600 manual.

3) Pan each drum sound fully left (L50) except for the drum sound you want to export which you should pan fully right (R50). See page 141 of the BR-600 manual.

4) Bounce the drum track to an empty stereo pair. For example, you could set the bounce destination to Tr78v8 (assuming it's empty). Since you want to bounce only the drums, set the faders of all other tracks to minimum so they won't be included in the bounce. See pages 65 and 66 of the BR-600 manual.

5) Export the v-track you just created in step 3 to a WAV file. You only want the right channel since it contains the particular drum sound you want to capture. For example, if you bounced to Tr78v8 in step 3, then select Tr8v8 as the source for your export. See pages 167 and 168 in the BR-600 manual. Alternatively, you could use the BR Wave Converter software to export the track.

6) You should now have a WAV file on your computer with a name like TR08___8.WAV. Rename it to a more appropriate name corresponding to the captured drum sound ("Kick.wav", "Snare.wav", etc.)

7) Repeat steps 3 to 6 for each drum sound that you want to capture.

If you have enough empty v-tracks available, you could save time by repeating steps 3 and 4 for each drum sound, then export the resulting v-tracks in one go using the BR Wave Converter software.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website