"Meehhh" - A Live Trio Jam

Started by Blooby, June 27, 2009, 04:56:58 AM

AverGo

Love the variety, great jam. I think you got everything in here sept the kitchen sink.

Greeny

Well... first of all, I'm a fan! It takes serious talent to sustain a jam of this incredible quality and depth. Everyone is playing their part, but you are one hell of an inventive and natural guitarist. Plus a master of the Kaosillator. The music meanders here and there without ever losing it's way. It's stunning. And I don't think you know quite how stunning it is! It does remind me of an album I'm very fond of - 'Anthem of the Sun' by the Grateful Dead. Prog-psychedelia. I'm downloading this one for sure. F*cking awesome. One of the best things I've heard on here!!!!

Satchwood

Super jam Blooby!!  Very relaxing and smooth!! 

I can work to this....like....all day!!  Nice wah sounds too!! 

......these jams of yours unlock different recessed doors in my mind...ahhh strawberry jam memories....or was it blackberry jam?......ahhh laid back blueberry jam....that's it!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

It's all been said this was great. All kinds of things going on. wonderful

Ferryman

What they all said, it takes real skill to be able to jam like this without disappearing up your own fundament. I couldn't do something like this off the cuff. The guitar and bass work is great and Kaossilator is always cool, especially when you are in control! I really like the second Kaossilator bit and what the guitar is doing at the same time.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Thanks again for your kind words.  Once again, it was something I almost didn't post as I was wondering who would want to listen to an open jam like this other than me?

Greeny, it strikes me kind of odd when you or Bosko (among others who carefully craft their tunes) comment so fervently positive about my looser adds.  It is greatly appreciated. Anthem of the Sun?  Interesting.  I never listened to the Dead directly, certainly never their studio albums.  My girlfriend is a Deadhead, though (Hmmm, could be the name of something), so I get a steady dose on road trips.  Funnily enough, I still don't get to play my fusion. (But Sugarplum, this song is in 11/8.  Just listen.)

Geir, over the years, I have heard that Zappa tag on and off.  The Jerry Garcia thing is more recent, perhaps coinciding with the purchase of the envelope filter and posting jams.  I've listened to a decent amount of Zappa, including his Shut Up and Play Your Guitar and Guitar albums, but I'm still not sure I hear it myself.  Don't get me wrong as I take your comment as a huge compliment.  I'm going to break his discs out today and really listen.

Nigel, I agree with you about the second Kaossilator solo fitting better.  If I knew I was going to use the device ahead of time, I would have made the opening three times less "notey" in order to leave a foundation for where that flute sound could sit.  I put the two solos in, one in the beginning and one in the end just to create more variety, and I think it at least served that purpose.  I'm curious if the second one works better because of the timbre of the patch.

Next Museum of Oddities living room jam is tonight.  Will see if anything of worth springs up.

Blooby

Greeny

Quote from: Blooby on June 30, 2009, 05:03:02 AMGreeny, it strikes me kind of odd when you or Bosko (among others who carefully craft their tunes) comment so fervently positive about my looser adds.  It is greatly appreciated.

I'm very jealous of your ability to play with such freedom. I've never had that ability and probably never will. It's a special skill in it's own right.

I can't speak for Bosko, but I probably like this kind of 'looseness' so much because it's the very thing I can't do. It's like an antidote to the (normally) fretful, rigid nature of my own stuff.

guitarron

this i a great jam-you've got a nice even sounding mix
the tele-bass
the drums sound great
don't recall hearing the original post-it's a definite keeper Bloob

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

knniggits

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!