6 track recorder in a pedal (Aeros Loop Studio)

Started by des0free, September 11, 2023, 11:56:59 AM

des0free

Check out this:
https://www.singularsound.com/products/aeros-loop-studio

It is a 6 track multitrack recorder (to SD card) in a pedal. It looks like it can record up to 4 mono or two stereo tracks at once, and 6 recorded tracks (or files loaded from a SD card) can be mixed and output (and maybe these can be 6 stereo tracks...not sure).

I'm interested if I could use this to play a stereo backing track from SD card while simultaneously recording 2 tracks (guitar and vocal). My hope is you can select a backing track via foot buttons (it also has a foot roller control) and start playing/recording by hitting a foot button. 

But I might be misunderstanding how it works...

Oh, and its $600, which is pretty expensive...

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ted

It kind of looks like a "worst of both" scenario – part looper pedal, part standalone recorder.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

des0free

From studying further there seems to be two limitations that make it less interesting to me:

- It does not seem possible to switch between backing tracks via the footswitches

- It can record two mono tracks simultaneously but seemingly only as a stereo pair, so if you were recording two mono inputs (guitar + vocal) and connected the outputs to PA speakers, it seems one input might only play on the left speaker and one on the right speaker...
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR