You'll Find Out (WHAT THIS GLEE CLUB ALL ABOUT)

Started by StephenM, September 07, 2023, 01:43:59 PM

StephenM

You'll Find Out (WHAT THIS GLEE CLUB ALL ABOUT)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Fuck no, hell no.  Take your joe and go.  Livin in a sin, nobody gonna win.  Pissed off in the soul.  You can't love no more.  You ain't doin time, stay out my gol darn lime light.  Say you know the Prince?  Then show your fingertips. 
You gonna scan my mind?  To see what's down inside?  The prepare yourself to see what David's all about.  You'll see he'll bring you down.  Goliath gonna die.  But we won't cut his head off.  Instead we'll CREMATE HIM!
You'll find out.  What this glee club all about.  You think I'm a dancing clown?  I'm about to bring you down. 

They got the Who in Texas.  You better clean your glasses.  You're raising sugar cane?  You want the latter rain?  You raising sugar cane?  You must be in the MOLASSES....MOLASSES.....MOLASSES.  MOLASSES...

You gonna scan my mind? To see what is down inside? 
You'll find out.  What this glee club all about.  You think I'm a dancing clown?  I'm about to bring you down. 

National Forest Campground (my brothers voice)

Rumbling, fumbling......
again... if you were a halfback in football you will find out what this glee club is all about.... the leaves are falling off the trees.....shade me if you please.... if you please....

Hi friends. 

It has been very weird for me lately, the last few months.  Actually it has been weird for me, all my life! 

But I dig it so after a period of processing who I am as an artist and who I am not, I came up with this.

I really like it...  but not until I changed the mix alot.  So believe it or not this is 1 guitar track (Jay Turser Strat through the boss me-25), 1 bass track (Shecter using the same as the guitar on the boss me-25), and 1 set of acoustic drums (6 mics).

I was feeling bad about myself as a drummer.... but then now I don't...

crazy lyrics I will post...

love you all very much

Stephen[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=195285;type=preview;file"]You'll Find Out (WHAT THIS GLEE CLUB ALL ABOUT).mp3[/url]

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

What does one say about this.....deep soul music....makes me think of Iggy Pop and the way he showed you his inner being with his lyrics......Stooges kind of Iggy.....wild stuff..and yes, I love the drumming

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

It's official.... Song crafters is dead.... 12 songs on the latest?  come on peeps.... is everyone gone?  shite man....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

des0free

Nice jam. Like the vocal delivery and especially the real drums. For recording something like this do you use your Zoom R24 or Livetrak 20?  I just found out that one of the faders on my Zoom R24 is wonky - the volume on that track is low even when it is turned up all the way. Maybe I need a new recorder.  ;D  Actually probably don't because I never use all 8 inputs simultaneously. Maybe I will take it apart and see if the fader is replaceable, or spray electric contact cleaner into it?  And then if I break it I will be justified buying a new recorder  ;D 

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

From the off "Fuck no!" Fantastic... laying your cards on the table right there. A slightly different sound on the vocal than usual Steve, a little more reverb? but sounds great. Some great imaginative lyrics as usual. For some reason I am getting a BÖC vibe here, mainly the vocals maybe and I get a bit of the Iggy Pop attitude too. Top riffing... 100% attitude, but you don't give anything less.

I wouldn't worry about the site activity. I have seen it go pretty quiet before and for quite a while too (maybe even for several months a few years back) but hang in there.

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on September 11, 2023, 10:25:13 AMNice jam. Like the vocal delivery and especially the real drums. For recording something like this do you use your Zoom R24 or Livetrak 20?  I just found out that one of the faders on my Zoom R24 is wonky - the volume on that track is low even when it is turned up all the way. Maybe I need a new recorder.  ;D  Actually probably don't because I never use all 8 inputs simultaneously. Maybe I will take it apart and see if the fader is replaceable, or spray electric contact cleaner into it?  And then if I break it I will be justified buying a new recorder  ;D 

Hi Doug,
On this I used the L-20.... my R24 I got new and so far it has been good... I use it in spurts... I love it and won't part with it because of it's portability... but it has its limits and in some ways is better than the L-20 but not for clean recording though... I am glad I have them both... and every once in a while I still record on the Boss 1600 but that one I have to do a stereo mix out analog as I can't get files off it anymore due to problems with newer computers not seeing it... but I love them all in their own way...
sometimes faders clean themselves up if you cycle them alot...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Mike_S on September 11, 2023, 03:44:20 PMFrom the off "Fuck no!" Fantastic... laying your cards on the table right there. A slightly different sound on the vocal than usual Steve, a little more reverb? but sounds great. Some great imaginative lyrics as usual. For some reason I am getting a BÖC vibe here, mainly the vocals maybe and I get a bit of the Iggy Pop attitude too. Top riffing... 100% attitude, but you don't give anything less.

I wouldn't worry about the site activity. I have seen it go pretty quiet before and for quite a while too (maybe even for several months a few years back) but hang in there.

Mike

thanks Mike and I got to admit I was and am a little ticked off when I did this... but by the end of the song I kind of calm down a bit... this is therapy... and I thank everyone for understanding.... it's better to get it out this way than smash things... lol... lately I have been frustrated with my playing...  smashing a guitar would not be out of the question... but I think at the end of the day I learn I need some character development... yes... I love SC and I guess after summer maybe it will be a bit more lively...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

TPB

Go ahead and get pissed work it out on the axe and drums works for me
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ron D Bowes

Iggy meets Beefheart. Nice and weird. Chunky rytyhm section. Engaging oddness!

godinqc

Cool song Stephen, nice Iggy vibe, great drums and guitars ..
I also have a Jay Turser Strat but I have not played it in years, I always use my Godin.. But I brought to a local repair shop last week to get it setup properly and I will start using it more on my songs .. Will keep you posted..

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800