I'm On Fire (Bananarama cover)

Started by StephenM, August 29, 2023, 06:18:27 PM

StephenM

I'm On Fire
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ok... so I just gotta get this next to Mikes song for now...[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=195271;type=preview;file"]I'm On Fire.mp3[/url] [url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=195271;type=preview;file"]I'm On Fire.mp3[/url]  

My wife of 22 years birthday is coming up soon... and I wanted to make this cover for her.  She likely won't like it because this ain't really her style...but it does speak of alot of what is in me for her... and what she did bring out in me as a man... and I want to sing about this...

a Bananarama cover?  I did one a long time ago... I barely know the band at all but this one keeps popping into my radar from the 2019 release called "In Stereo"....

I think my passion shows up in this... I love people... all people...

3 drums only...kick, hi hat, snare... all played separate by me... and I think I learned alot about drumming on this track.

3 guitar tracks and 3 keyboard tracks (harley benton PRS copy and casio)

shecter bass

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Very good Stephan! I've never heard this song before but the way you've presented it is a winner for me. Your vocals are excellent and the process of how you played the drums worked out really well. I like the lead guitar but thought it could come up a bit in the mix. I hope your wife likes it also. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

..j'aime bien le très leger delay sur la voix
Excellent Stephen, votre femme devrait apprécier
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

ODH

I don't actually know the song, despite my close affinity with Bananarama, but you have done a great job here, Stephen.

You are indeed on what I call fire.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

TPB

I too did not know this song but now that I have your version I am good, good vocals on this one brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

the physics teacher

This song sung by you is one on one ready for the hitlists of today welldone.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Mike_S

When I looked in the Latest songs jukebox and saw a Bananarama cover by Steve I have to admit I was looking forward to hearing it... endless possibilities! And damn, I have not been disappointed.

Not sure if I know the original, I think I do but I might check it out on youtube to make sure. But in any case Steve what you have done to my ears bears very little in common to Bananarama. You've taken a regular pop song and turned it into a soft rock classic. More like something Pat Benatar would have done or something like that. Rocks like f**k. You have done a magnificent vocal on here too. Great guitars and rock and roll spirit injected into this tune. Super stuff Steve.

(Added to my large collection of SC tunes)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Lo fi.......smooth as heck.......it's doing something to my brain .....that I can't explain......let me refrain.......better than the original that's no guff......good stuff....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ODH

There's an early Van Halen song called I'm on Fire. I think you should do a cover of that next.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

Quote from: ODH on September 03, 2023, 02:01:03 PMThere's an early Van Halen song called I'm on Fire. I think you should do a cover of that next.

I know that song, not as in know it to play it... but I do want to do a Van Halen cover so I will give it a try... probably take me a while as I am working on a completely different version of the Banarama cover.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner