Dancing On The Edge

Started by Mike_S, August 29, 2023, 02:24:19 PM

Mike_S

Dancing On The Edge
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been a while since posting anything... trying to find little pockets of time to do stuff not been easy but pieced this together over the last few weeks.

I had a riff I was messing with on acoustic for ages and kept chopping and changing how it went. Eventually formed it into this...

Anyway here it is...

You know that it's hard to understand
The world doesn't stop for any man
And you just see what you wanna see
If it fits in to your plan 

How did it all end up like this
Is what we're seeing even true
And if we could see what's real
Is there anything that we would do?

These days they try and tell you black is white
And I don't know who is wrong or who is right

And I'm dancing, yes I'm dancing
Dancing on the edge

----------

Solo

----------

Nothing is ever gonna change
If we don't try to change our ways
We only see one point of view
We can't see our own mistakes

These days they try and tell you black is white
And I don't know who is wrong or who is right

Dancing on the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVy39EPeLo
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Mike. That drum intro sounds great - in fact the drumming throughout sounds great. I like the lyrics and the overall vibe of the song. That guitar entering at 1:50 works so well and your vocal suits the moody vibe of the song.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Mike, you have no idea how big I smiled when I saw this!!!!   and man... I am dancing... I am dancing....

I love this... and I love you... because you hit me right in the heart with your music and I want to say thank you... thankyou for taking the time to make this wonderful heartfelt music... your music helps me in so many ways... it really does... even now listening to this I have tears flowing down my face...because for a long time now I have been losing so many people in my life, that I love and that I like.... you know?  The older we get the harder it gets...but... you nailed me... because between the tear drops (that God himself collects in a bottle) I dance... I am dancing... and I am dancing to your great and incredible music...

there is no music on this planet like yours... it doesn't exist...except right here.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Brilliant songwriting and performance!

Fine and dark vibe works well. Top class production, too!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

One of my faves from you Mike, this just project,s what ,many of what us are feeling, maybe I,m jumping the gun or projecting where I'm from.
Cool song, anyway, big respect!
recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

That's an excellent track Mike,guitars sound great.
Getting an R.E.M vibe about it.
A very upbeat feel to it musically.
Cool lead as well.
Your vocal fits like a glove.
Lyrics tell it like it is .

des0free

This is really great. Like the guitar riff and especially the vocal delivery - has just the right amount of "toughness" and "edge" - you're really next level these days on the vocals. Agree with the comment about REM vibes. Great work.  Agree with StephenM that you've given us great, unique stuff. I really need to download and make a Mike_S  playlist. And go drive through some backcountry twisting roads with it blasting (in my minivan,..., uh,...I mean in my vintage sports car)
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on September 01, 2023, 09:35:42 PMThis is really great. Like the guitar riff and especially the vocal delivery - has just the right amount of "toughness" and "edge" - you're really next level these days on the vocals. Agree with the comment about REM vibes. Great work.  Agree with StephenM that you've given us great, unique stuff. I really need to download and make a Mike_S  playlist. And go drive through some backcountry twisting roads with it blasting (in my minivan,..., uh,...I mean in my vintage sports car)

yeah Doug, minivan or sports car rocking Mike S works!  Especially if you get on that California coast hiway... rocking some Irish great named Mike!  I would so love that!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Bluesberry

Spectacular man.....spit the words out.....there's a lot to be pissed off about these days...you captured that feeling perfectly........a protest song perhaps......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I also really enjoyed watching the live version in the living quarters!  You are a beautiful man Mike and thank you for the glimpse of who you are.  Also, I was mesmerized with your chordings on the wonderful guitar sounds .... and of course your voice is great!  What a track!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24