Bruce Grove

Started by Pipes, August 27, 2023, 01:03:15 PM

Pipes

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

''Bruce Grove''.. Had to use an ''old saying'' for a toon which stemmed from years ago regarding some lovely friends :)
It would take a life time to explain.. don't ask please..

Enjoy

Zoltan

The playing on this track made my brain do a somersault. The acoustic guitar playing was somewhat folky and more easy to digest, but what was the bass guitar doing? Caving my head in... That's what!

The vocals have that glorious Pipe sound going for them. The music. The Music. Oh the horror... No scratch that! This isn't Apocalypse Now and i'm not Brando (phew...).

Proge disguised as Folk. That bass. That bass. It's a song that sounds like it would be an easy ride for the listener, but this certainly isn't easy listening. Not the kind of record to put on when the Barry White mood hits.

In the sea of songs that are similar this one stands alone. It's unique and to make such a song with such a few strokes (well that bass did a lot of talking) isn't a small feat.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

A cool song Nick. You have captured moments of Chris Squire's bass tone and style, well done there. Some really good vocals as well. Reminds me a little of The Strawbs style but it is definitely your own. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Nice folk/prog vibe with superb vocals! Enjoyable!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

early Rush bass sounds is what I say... and why not?  It is a great sound after all...
chorused a bit and lots of tone.  It disappears and returns like the sunrise and sunset..
overall a very enjoyable song. 
I didn't see this until just now as I generally listen off the latest juke box which this gets bypassed.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner