No Escape Out of Time (Story Song Fest)

Started by Bluesberry, August 26, 2023, 01:46:04 PM

SE

Yes proggtastic, yes the vocals fit right in.
Then there,s the change up cool stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

des0free

Wow this is epic, in the storytelling, length, and rich layering. Catchy chorus - check, killer bass - check, and nice mix. I think Genesis (original lineup), Yes, and Pink Floyd should all do covers of this, for their die hard fans to enjoy.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Brilliant Dave, glad I am listening to this late at night with a little whiskey in hand. Perfect!

But this is epic... the great sci-fi story marries really well with the music. Great playing and those verses roll along beautifully. This kept me engaged for the full 8+ minutes. Great story telling BUT I think you could have thrown in a couple of lead licks at the end, but then again maybe that might have taken the spotlight away from Keiths fab organ solo, so maybe not!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

godinqc

Really great story telling .. lyrics were great and so was the vocals, guitars, bass etc ..  It's a tour de force .. Bravo ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Thanks for the feedback...Keith's bass playing continues to amaze me.....I am never sure what he will come up with, and it always exceeds my expectations......great job...and that little organ solo at the end....the icing on the cake ........I love these kind of time loop stories and wanted to do this up right...a labour of love as it were......took my time and didn't rush anything..........and it came out good......the rhythm guitar is Keith's Gretsch...that thing is amazing for chords...slashes right through.......such a great guitar......thanks again

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

A stunner of a story song Dave ....loving that bass line in fact loving the whole vibe down to the piano & brass....I need to borrow your crystal cage and escape back to the beginning of summer and bugger the consequences

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

BerryPatch

Another great track! I loved doing bass on this and figuring out keyboards/piano (which took a little to think of where to place them, it was already so full as is!). Musically, this is just so cool and the vocals and lyrics take this to a whole other level. Epic!