I'll Take a Raincheck

Started by Ron D Bowes, August 22, 2023, 03:55:04 AM

Ron D Bowes

I'll Take a Raincheck
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wrote this song mainly in my head before I even picked up the guitar. The idea was begging me to record it. The lyrics were inspired by a certain female singer from a punk rock band that I admire (who shall remain nameless) I had an absolute blast recording it and, since I have had delays on releasing my new album, there is still time to slip this one into the list! FYI Benson Musicman bass, Casio electric guitar and Fender Telecaster are the guitars used. Behringer ultra metal pedal on the short solo. Vandal amp plugin for the rythm guitars and echo and flanger plug ins on the bridge vocal.

I'LL TAKE A RAINCHECK

I know you got designs on me
You want me between your thighs
You are such a maneater
You'd swallow me alive
I'm telling you you scare me girl
I know I'll end up dead
The last place that I wanna be is laying in your bed

I'll take a raincheck
Hold my beer
I'll take a raincheck
Hold my beer
I'll take a raincheck
Just show me the door
And I'm out of here

I'll take a raincheck
I'll take a raincheck

It would never turn out well
You know it wouldn't work
If you got on top of me
You'd surely blow my cork!
You are such and animal
It makes me catch my breath
And if you had your wicked way
It would mean my death

I'll take a raincheck
Hold my beer
I'll take a raincheck
Hold my beer
I'll take a raincheck
Just show me the door
And I'm out of here

I'll take a raincheck
I'll take a raincheck

I see your big wide eyes
It strikes my heart with fear
I see you lick your lips
And I am out of here
I see your big wide eyes
It strikes my heart with fear
I see you lick your lips
And I am out of here

6ft 6 of pulchritude
An Amazonian Queen
I can't show my gratitude
You haunt my very dreams
Maybe we can slow things down
Just give me some more time
Got to build my courage up
Baby, I'll be fine

I'll take a raincheck
Hold my beer
I'll take a raincheck
Hold my beer
etc, etc......

hardlock

Hell-of-a-rocker! Great theme and leads! Maybe post the lyrics? "hold my beer"? 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ray Brookes

Ah, there it is - good old rock from our rock master! Great track, Ron and love the raunchy lyrics. Production is first class (maybe crank up the drums a little?) and cool fx on that middle vocal section. 
Ray Brookes

Ron D Bowes

Quote from: Ray Brookes on August 22, 2023, 02:51:38 PMAh, there it is - good old rock from our rock master! Great track, Ron and love the raunchy lyrics. Production is first class (maybe crank up the drums a little?) and cool fx on that middle vocal section. 
Good call on the drums Ray!! I have re-loaded the track with the drums up in the mix. Much much better!

StephenM

Rockin Ron Bowes smokes it again... what a tune man!

love the backing vocals and the way you recorded them... clever and interesting and just plain awesome.

a punk rocking woman that is 6 foot 6?  man dude..probably good to stay away from that!  Might throw ya around a bit... of course you might be 6 foot 8 for all I know... you can rock like it

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

I was surprised about the amp plugin. Sounds really, really good. I love what you do with your background vocals. Tight pop rocker (or is that a rock popper?). Extra points for working "pulchritude" into a lyric.

Blooby

Mike_S

Yeah... shit this was a bit of a journey! :) I felt like I was in the bar watching this unfold. Nasty business!!! Damn that does sound like a woman who could do some damage... or something! ??

Brilliant lyrics, great driving rocker. This would bring the house down live.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Trist

Raunchy and rocking track Ron, great production sound, really liked that bridge ,catchy rock & roll tune that you do so well, a very enajoyable track and the arrangement was spot on.

Farrell Jackson

This is a great rocker Ron! You had me hooked at the intro chords. As always, great lead and backing vocals. The bridge with the heavy effects is a real ear grabber. Cool lyrics, I might know that female punk singer that you speak of, :-X ;D.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Shit hot rocking rolling ...love that bridge section..very effective ...the guitar solo is so hot I had to put my headphones in the freezer to stop the smoke coming off them....that how to do it

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand