Asking too much

Started by karl1171, August 21, 2023, 05:43:23 AM

karl1171

Asking too much sc mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wrote this song a very long time ago, and partially recorded a quite different version before deciding I didn't like it and abandoning it. Problem was it was too long, and at the time I thought it sounded too much like some other songs I'd written - in sytle rather than musically.

I started playing it on the piano again recently, thought it was perhaps too good to remain in the bin and that I could perhaps do something with the original idea, so here it is.

The only thing which may be of interest from the recording process is the higher of the two backing vocals. That's me, but pitch shifted - I can't sing that high!

Vibes from VibroMaster vst, Guitar and bass from instruments, piano, brass and drums from Cubase.

TPB

Nice got that Neil young vibe to it well put together
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Bluesberry

Wonderful song.....very nice feeling...very warm and sunny.....70s vibe sunshine Pop beautiful.......I can dig it ...singing is very good...makes me think of Stevie Winwood somewhat....this is hit material

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Digging those soft-rock vibes. This is very well done!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hardlock

Definitely has a Traffic vibe to it. Love it! Horns were a pleasant surprise as well. Well done! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ron D Bowes

Got a 60s sound to me. Nicely put together and smooth backing vocals. Like the cross over vox too.

Ray Brookes

Great song and professionally produced/mixed. Lovely soft-rock vibe and those vocals work great.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Great song uplifting backer good vocal like those backing vocals nice touch

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

This is very nice sounding... reminds me of some lovely music from the great 70's pop stations... I really loved radio (mostly) in those days... the stations played alot of genres within the pop realm... this fits right in...

it's a great progression and the backing vocals could actually be like the beach boys etc...maybe even 60's... which is a strong and heavenly sound here... very creative.  Well recorded to me also

as far as you withholding a recording because it sounds to much like other stuff you wrote... here is my view on that.  I would say record it anyway.  The reason is, unless you are a mega star that lots of people know your music the one you don't record might be the one that everyone who listens to you will really like... and they might not really know your list well enough to know it sounds similar...

really nice track Karl

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

This sounds cool to me, cool mixing and production and performance, enjoyed the listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80