Backwater Jack

Started by Ron D Bowes, August 18, 2023, 03:01:40 PM

Ron D Bowes

Backwater Jack
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Real life has been occupying my life recently. Mostly negatively! Thought I'd better tip my toe into the musical waters again, just to keep my self in the groove. My latest track - just blues....

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hi Ron, hope things are going better for you now. I know how difficult times to be sometimes.

You've come up with a great blues song here. That groove is so catchy, really cool guitars and love your lyrics and vocals. Darren.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Cool swampy blues, Ron. Great bass playing and some groovy guitar/vocal work. Some keys/synths in there too?

Ray Brookes

Johnbee

Really enjoyed this one, Ron.  The "blues" you've been dealing with in your real life do come through in the music and it adds so much to every note.  It's been a particularly trying summer for me too, but at those times we need to keep our heads in our music.  It helps to keep us sane.

;)  :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

Loving that bass and the swampy tone on the guitar and a great vocal to boot whats not to like

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

hardlock

Powerful blues adventure. Very enjoyable ride! Love the tones you're getting. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

kind of funky and very groovin and really great electric rock...

this has so many influences in it there is no way to describe this... digging the entire trip... swampy and hungry...

great stuff

sort of feels like Creedence in the Rhythm...but not the lead... either way this floors me....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on August 20, 2023, 04:28:48 PMkind of funky and very groovin and really great electric rock...

this has so many influences in it there is no way to describe this... digging the entire trip... swampy and hungry...

great stuff

sort of feels like Creedence in the Rhythm...but not the lead... either way this floors me....
there we go....I was also getting a CCR feeling from this also........I thought it but didn't say in my comments.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

That bass just anchors the song like a good bass should of the rest of the music is outstanding
Tim
Playing along with the blues harp really love the vibe
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away