The Definition of Happiness by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 13, 2023, 12:51:05 PM

Oldrottenhead

The Definition of Happiness (shrunk to fit)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is an acoustic experiment, apart from the drums everying was recorded using my Rode NT1A mic  and lots of garageband guitar effects on the acoustic guitar especially. It is also the first outing for the banjo and mandolin that I am babysitting for my brother in law.
Anyway i had a great weekend and thought I'd celebrate it with a simple song.

It is what it is.
At the breaking of morning
The dawn of the day
I peel back the covers
Get ready to move again
Let the light wash me
Let the light in
Let the light show us
The way
I don't know nothing
I don't know much
But I am thankful
For all that I've got
You by my side dear
Holding my hand
You by my side dear
By my side
The definition of happiness
I'm that guy
A smile on my face
A glint in my eye
A purpose a reason
To keep right on
I'll just keep singing
My song
The Definition of Happines
W/M
by
Oldrottenhead
GarageBand Drums
Banjo
Mandolin
Jasmine Acoustic
and
Vocals
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hardlock

Nice one Jim, dig the contrast from the banjo and mandolin! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

cuthbert

Lovely song, James - wonderful sentiment expressed in the lyrics.

I wasn't expecting bluegrass, but I find it interesting how you took these traditional stringed instruments and made an Oldrottenhead song with them. You should consider adding them to your musical paintbox (or visiting your brother-in-law more).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

You have recently been quick to say, "It is what it is," but I think this warrants a remix. You know I am a great lover of your voice, but I think song-wise, it is masking some provocative instrumentation. I love this to bits.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great song. Nice relaxing vibe to it. I like the banjo and Madeline too, nice words and vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Blooby on August 14, 2023, 08:09:21 PMYou have recently been quick to say, "It is what it is," but I think this warrants a remix. You know I am a great lover of your voice, but I think song-wise, it is masking some provocative instrumentation. I love this to bits.

Blooby

I think you are correct, vocal was recorded at same time as I played acoustic guitar and mix was done on headphones.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mike_S

This works very well. Totally new sound for you but it sounds really natural. I am liking the raw sound unplugged sound, maybe a version with a bigger/plugged in sound might work, but I like this as a contrast to your other stuff. Lovely feel/words.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand