Collab with Kenny called "Vincent Drake" (for the Story Festival)

Started by godinqc, August 11, 2023, 05:36:16 PM

godinqc

Vincent Drake
Time:
0:00
Volume:
StorySongs (banner image missing)

Here's a collab with Kenny called "Vincent Drake" (for the Story Festival)

This is the second song which is part of a concept album. Here's the story line for this song.

The city burst into life at night.
Neon signs pierced into the skyline and the reflections cut onto the concrete scarring the streets ,glistening on the wet cobbled alleyway
Captain Orourke of the F.B.I got the call at 6 am.
There had been another murder ,same profile same story.
It was now crystal clear there was a serial killer at large.
He slammed the table with his fist and screamed at the top of his voice. GET ME VINCENT DRAKE!

Vincent Drake.mp3

If you pulled his soul apart, you'd see
Inside
A guardian angels light
Like a loaded gun he moves until
He has the devil in his sight

You can run but you can't hide
You slither like a snake
Every clue is analysed
And you will not escape
VINCENT DRAKE

With a heavy heart
He feels so lost
But starts to feel
the beat
Everything will suddenly appear
And fall back into place at his feet

You can't run but you can't hide
Or cover your mistake
It's your destiny he'll find
Look out you'll l not escape
VINCENT DRAKE.

LEAD

You can race your shadow
But you'll only change its shape
No matter what your planning
You will never change you fate
You are now the prey
The victim
All you can do is wait

You never will escape
VINCENT DRAKE
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

I heard your album a number of times, some songs many... and the first in the series here as well...

what I hear is two very compatible artists... the bass sounds great on this.  granted I am listening currently on headphones but look forward to hearing this on my ref monitors. 

The sound is known to me now, and I like it.  It's ethereal with the angel synth voices and the underpinned heavy guitar etc....
the leads really are big and I know you both play on these, or at least it sounds so to me... because I have heard both of your solo music alot...

The plot is interesting for sure... and the vocals shine... the delivery shines and draws you in...

outstanding work

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Yeah this all kinds of wonderful and a great pairing of two great artists!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

Quote from: StephenM on August 12, 2023, 12:09:19 PMthe leads really are big and I know you both play on these, or at least it sounds so to me... because I have heard both of your solo music alot...

Correct Stephen I start the track on the lead guitar at the opening of the song and  Godin does the 1st lead in the middle of the track and I follow after him.

hardlock

Outstanding guitar work and song. Kenny, love that sustain tone you get at the beginning that just almost breaks into harmonics....too cool!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Blooby

Great Googly Moogly, the beginning grabbed me. Sounded like the dramatic flourishes of the latter Ronnie Montrose instrumental albums.  That last solo bit before The Bowie singing just killed me. You were reaching, and all the emotion came through.

This straddles several decades of influences and manages to still be original. Loved it to bits. And a perfect ending, by the by.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

What an into. Fantastic lead guitar. When the vocals come in I thought Bowie was singing haha..brilliant.
Nice variation in the style. Love the synth parts and the choir pads. Brilliant story and collaboration guys.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

That opening guitar solo drew me in right away. Excellent playing from you both and a fantastic song. Production is first class and those synth sounds work so well. Cool lyrics too.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

A super guitar intro, Kenny! The synths work really well at giving this a big sound. Excellent vocals and cool solos (both of you). I love that bass. A very fine collaboration!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

Great collab chaps. That icy synth gives a lot of flavour to the tune. Really gives it that mysterious, almost a futuristic vibe. Those leads... what can you say. Well ok, bloody massive, fantastic. A great tune overall guys.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand