Noxic Neighbor Noise

Started by hardlock, August 05, 2023, 11:06:49 PM

hardlock

Noise of the Neighbor-sm
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Could be a story I suppose but is more a rap rant. Note that intro will be a surprise with headphones. Every time I hear it I keep looking over my shoulder! BTW the name is still a work in progress. Suggestions welcome!

Still not sure on the mix ratio (lead #1 too weak?), or my singing in the chorus but here you go. :P

NOXIC NEIGHBOR NOISE - (c) K.J.Hill 2023 (lyrics by Jersey Girl)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intro effects

I've come - it's clear - why can't you hear
just moved in next door - peace & quiet no more
it's what I do - there's nothing new
I wake up at dawn - just to mow my lawn
just trimming the grass - and being an ass
dogs are barking - kids are screaming            
mowin and blowin - it's all got me steaming
hear my loud tunes - now smell my fumes
hootin & hollerin - quads a following
haven't have enough - impress your friends

Lead 1

Chorus lead  1

Chorus *

eat my dust - you know you must
smell my smoke - it makes you choke
generator humming - tractors a running
hear my drill - what a thrill
V8 rumbles - must be impressed
rattles the windows - oh I'm the best
kids & dogs - machines galore - still not enough - must have more
quads race up & down the drive - got to have them to survive   
summer heat's here - try to keep cool      
now there's even more - kids screaming in the pool
peace and quiet - a thing of the past - why did I know it wouldn't last
maybe just take a chance and move - there must be somewhere I approve

Chorus lead 2

Chorus *

Lead 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Chorus

Just don't have no peace and quiet - Everything sounds more like a riot
Not much left for me to do - Feels like I'm trapped in a zoo

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

this is a great production Ken... the intro defies the silence of the rest of the track.  There is so much space in this for everything to work it's magic.
vocals work so much on this..... ain't nothing wrong with them.. your voice has it's own flavor and that is good... lyrics are fun...

I gotta neighbor who overall is quiet but not the little shelties they have.... bark, bark, bark, bark, bark.... the good thing is everyone has about an acre... its a small subdiv only about 15 places total...
but her dogs are obnoxious so I don't worry about anything I do... and they are sometimes a bit nosy and actually called the police on our kids birthday party when the kids were out in the culdesac riding on the their bikes and having fun... I tell you what, that ticked me off and the sheriff came and just laughed at the lady... anyway, it's mostly quiet here but the next door neighbor now has goats and chickens and they make a bit of noise but it's good....and we live on the top of a hill and most of the houses are below us.. and did I mention that there is a family of musicians who live here and one is a drummer?  (that would be us)....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Ray Brookes

Nice track, Ken. Love that lead guitar tone & excellent 'spacey' production.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I'm hearing this again now and this time though on my JBL monitors, the drums are amazing on this Ken.
great tune...I really get lost in the voice to music mix... a great production here man!  I am going to listen to this a few more times for sure...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

SE

What a recording!! Just excellent and what a listen too.
Enjoying this so much, cool stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

hardlock

Thanks much everyone. I'm using about 3 lead patches on this with the first being "fixed wah". My son heard it and suggested "Peace No More" or "Peace Lost" but jury's still out. :-\  Hey, maybe "Peace Out"? :P
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

kenny mac

Getting a chris isaak vibe from this tune.
The guitar tone sounds great.
Like the vocal change of direction  as the song progresses.
I'm lucky with my neighbours,but know people who are at the end of thier tether with them.
Good subject matter and good song.

Pru

good song and very true in lots of cases. we're lucky with our neighbours, i guess. the mixing is done very professionally and that guitar sounds awesome.

Mike_S

I like the "Peace No More" suggestion.

This is a fine piece Ken. I love the drums also, great drum sound too. Guitar levels sound pretty good to me and some lovely soloing.

I live in a mid-terrace small house but am very lucky. An old lady on one side and a really quiet guy on the other. It dawned on me today we might actually be a bit of a noise nuisance, mainly due to my daughter who has taken to playing her music pretty loud and blasting out her guitar and vocals pretty loud in her room. I told her to keep it down a wee bit so hopefully we don't put people out. Enjoy but within reason was the message, but she is young... we have all been there.

Great tune Ken

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand