Hey Mr. Farmer

Started by StephenM, July 28, 2023, 04:01:42 PM

StephenM

Hey Mr. Farmer
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Last night I drove about 35 minutes to open mic... turns out their facebook schedule was off a week and it is every other week.  Anyway, the nice lady at the bar gave me a free drink... it was no problem... I don't worry about stuff like that usually... so I went across the road after a bit and got my acoustic guitar out and started playing in the parking lot... I do that sometimes, practice in public places.  Usually no one comes around unless I want to get more public and move in a different location.  I think though that the vibe around the area you are is somewhat different and I seem to be able to pick up things from those wonderful frequencies that are somewhat different than what I am usually feeling.... so I came up with a sketch of this... and really I decided I wasn't good at anything more than about 1 chord rock... so here it is..

and also beside listening to you all and a few others I have been hearing Lynard Skynard Swamp Music...

I should also add this is very low budget recording... very little time invested, one takes on pretty much everything and mixed quickly on the Zoom and mastered with Audacity using Masterdesk. 

I decided to leave this without any adds... it has enough power for me.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

I think the investment has paid off... great track..

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

A low budget song? I like the sound of that!

There's so much to hear here. I really like these off the cuff songs of yours. The lyrics, the vibe and that outro was a classic too.

I think you managed to collect a lot of groovy frequencies. Worth the drive. Kinda makes me want to go play in the forest. I mean to play guitar, not with myself :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

I like it. and I like the spirit behind it, you just love playing and that is so cool. You have so many ideas in your head it is mind boggling. This is a good tune and yes that outro spoken bit is brilliant :)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Thanks to you guys for listening!  Last night I played this at that same pub where I wrote it across the street... I did it right out of the gate... didn't know anyone, the host Chris was fantastic and his sound mix was sensational...lot of power... I played the Les Paul... but the topper was this guy, 81, named Bill, really friendly wanted in the worst way to play along with me so I said sure... lets do it...
he had a Squier Strat...looked exactly like my Turser... the guy was a really beautiful man, one eye and all... but I tell you what.. Every time I say yes to a change of my plans it always turns out wonderful... this man had more fun than a kid in a candy store... it was so touching to me... I can only hope to be able to play, or even live to be 81... to make another human happy, to do something that makes people smile and laugh, to give up control just a little, to just love things the way they are pays massive dividends...
then another "kid" named Phillip wanted to play bass with me, I had my Epiphone and he was massive... very prog and I blew his mind when I went into a "Passage to Bankok"  from Rush... This guy was playing ELP and Yes on acoustic guitar...amazing

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Cool song, yes I also hope that I will be able to still play at 81 ..
Going into "Passage to Bankok" is a great choice, I used to know parts of that song on the guitar , I will have to dig out the tabs and play it again sometime ;D  ..

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This sounds brilliant Stephen, and I like the back story haha. Your songs are always a joy to hear mate, even your quick sketches have so much potential. For a one chord track it is so catchy, love the guitars,drums and general vibe of the song. And the lyrics and vocals are just great as always.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

SE

I Like this a lot, just a one take that  works.
Cool stuff  loved the listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

This is a classic  Stephen M track.
No one does this style better than you.
It's like a mix of the velvet underground meets zappa.
Excellent