It's Time U Faced It

Started by Farrell Jackson, July 25, 2023, 08:54:16 AM

Farrell Jackson

its-time-u-faced-it-bud-drums-audio-file 224k 6-10-23
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song is tuned to 432Hz pitch instead of 440Hz. Why? Because it's the peaceful, pleasing sound of the earth's vibration and it's what I do when I get bored, lol. It's also the tuning that Mozart preferred but alas, I'm no Mozart.

Equipment: Small Marshall amp (mic'ed with a Shure SM57), Gibson LP guitar (Cry Baby Wah), Fender Squire Jazz bass direct to a Fostex VF160 recording console. Vocals captured with a Neumann TLM103 condenser mic. 

Credits:

Farrell Jackson - Songwriter and all instruments, vocals and mix.

Kevin Marcey (Buddrumming) - Drums.

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

I really enjoyed this.  Love the direction you take the melody and the background vocal harmonies.  All the playing is excellent.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

godinqc

Really cool song, it had a 70's/Yes vibe to it .. Really good guitar solo with Wah ..
Great work .. if possible , I would have like to see the lyrics ..  I always like to read the lyrics as I'm listening to the song..
Great work.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

Nice uplifting rocker. Very enjoyable listen. Killer lead! Dig the outro as well. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

wow... this is amazing Farrell.... that intro guitars and after remind me so much of BTO... a band I loved to the moon and back... the vocals are just your greatness but this is a rocking track...

I liked your explanation on the 432 hz... maybe I will try that... lol... I would probably need a tutorial on how to tune like that...

I will need to hear this a number of times...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

this put a bounce in my step this morning it must be that 432 tuning or rather the playing and great vocal me thinks great job Farrell {I read the drummer was Bud Rumming that made me look twice :D }

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

I hearing this in the car without knowing who it was. For some reason i thought some of those vocals might have been done by Mr Pipes. Not that i doubt the talent of Mr Farrell, but there were some moves that i thought were in the realms of Pipes.

The playing was handled with care and the songwriting is clever in the right places. There's a nicely vibey 70's - early 80's AOR vibe to the song. Real amps always rule (although with the introduction of Neural Amp Modeler i'm eventually liking direct tones too) and a mere mention of Gibson Les Paul makes me feel envious of having only a measly Epi.

There's something happening with the vocs. It's either the key, the melody whatever, but this is certainly among the best vocals i've ever heard from Farrell. Farrell is a good singer for sure and i've enjoyed all his band performances too, but this is next level in many ways imho.

The playing is also so cool. Perhaps i should steal that LP? Does anybody know if they do vocal chord transplants...? :D

I would like to go on a tirade against the tuning (it's gimmicky and like false prophet might lead fellow songcrafters in a fruitless search of sound that takes away from the songwriting), but turns out it's only my lazy ass who is against a change of anykind. So take that! (also a band).

I doubt even Beethoven would have heard the difference.

Great song, great vocals and cool playing. Get out of here you show off! :D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

Smoking track brother from the playing to the vocals
Bravo Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on July 27, 2023, 02:13:34 AMDoes anybody know if they do vocal chord transplants...? :D

I think they do it with effecting?  this was a fun comment...

as for 432 hz... I think there is something to it... the one's I have heard, all 4 of them have a interesting vibe... I think they should subject plants to the songs and study it... I think they might grow different... it feels different..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Great, catchy song Farrell! I love the guitar and bass especially. The "da das" definitely have a bit of a Yes vibe but this song has more of a late 70s power pop vibe. Cool solo too!