Started by StephenM, July 24, 2023, 09:57:56 AM

StephenM

Thunder On High
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Voices of thunder cross the sky.
Lightning lurking by.
Voices crying loud in the night.  Collective souls let out a sigh.
Wave after wave the sound reverberates in the night.

As the thunder claps it's hands in applause. 

Ozone ionized.  Skies are purified.  Like a temple ritual from on high, the great Priest's scepter raised high.

And man's darkness disappears, melted in the electric atmosphere.

Epiphone Hummingbird in the right ear.  Les Paul Di rhythm in the left.  Les Paul DI lead... Shecter bass DI... the only effects used were a bit in audacity.
Kawai organ/piano piece I did

typically these days I am editing vocals in audacity and bandlab.  I find Audacity eq pretty easy to use vs. bandlab and then I like the vocal effects in bandlab.. so there is a bit of moving files but that is easy enough... besides, alot of this for me is just enjoying the process.  It becomes a pleasant routine that my mind enjoys.

I had some rain and weather that i recorded a few years ago... I thought it fit the track well.

I think this is a cool track... kind of has a CSN&Y vibe to me with maybe a hint of FZ in there

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Controlled chaos. Lovely. You are the future and the future is you. 

John B ;)

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

Damn Stephan that opening thunder nearly knocked me out of the seat, lol! Great storm sounds. The guitars and the storm fill up the soundscape nicely. Cool vocals...The last line is excellent; "And man's darkness disappears, melted in the electric atmosphere".
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

Loving it brother the effects fit so well into the music nice chilled track and yes I can see CSN doing this as a cover
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

godinqc

Great piece of work, I really liked the Thunder at the start ..
As you mentioned it has a CSN&Y vibe .. The guitar reminded me of Pink Floyd's Crazy Diamond  .. Great song ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

BerryPatch

Very cool, gloomy vibe here. That organ sounds like Richard Wright all the way! Nice dark sounding chords and I love the implementation of the rain sounds. Nice bit of poetry as well!

Mike_S

Quote from: BerryPatch on July 27, 2023, 08:47:11 AMVery cool, gloomy vibe here. That organ sounds like Richard Wright all the way! Nice dark sounding chords and I love the implementation of the rain sounds. Nice bit of poetry as well!

Yes a bit early Floydy to me the vibe. Very cool song, but man those lyrics ARE poetry. Some fabulous observations and I love the "ozone ionized" phrase, that is brilliant. Great way out there creative vibe.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Pass the pipe over here we're on a ride with Steve into the storm with the mystical les paul and the gothic rhythm of the hummingbird......what a great ride

If Life is a dream then use your imagination