Pareidolia - Destination Insanity

Started by Mike_S, July 20, 2023, 08:23:01 AM

Mike_S

Pareidolia
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A new tune from Destination Insanity

Ok so I think we have pushed the envelope a bit here even by our standards :)

So I started thinking a lot of my recent songs have been a bit easy on the ear and wanted to try something a bit more challenging or weird.

So started with a bit of a riff but wanted to throw in unusual chords and changes if I could. This is where not having a clue about music theory comes in handy... nothing is "wrong" per se if you don't really know what the rules are. Ended with something dirty and nasty but I liked it.

After a while of messing with it myself (I put some vocals down but chose against publishing for now, I may post a solo version at some point), I thought who better to take this even further into the realm of chaos than Steve. He took a list of unusual words he could find and used them along with strange phrases and ideas that came from them. Also he asked Melissa to contribute a few strange noises which again add to the whole thing. Thank you guys.

It is a challenging listen I think Steve will agree, but that is the point I think, to attempt something dark/unusual

A little pic of Steve's ideas here he jotted down...

[imglink]20230718_165717_resized.jpg[/imglink]

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

It's like a religious text and chant from a renegade band of monks in the year 2123...living in caves on some distant planet ........the whole solar system has been thrown into chaos and these monks are holding everything together by the power of their chanting.........if they stop singing the whole of existence ceases to be...so they sing......and sing..... and sing.......bringing in new recruits to carry on the mission......has been going on for years and years .......continuously ....never stop singing.......that's what came to my mind while listening........something like that...lol

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

I tried my best to find the words to describe this blending of talent and paint. After failed attempt at describing the inner turmoil some of the lyrics outlined in the pic brought... I started thinking about what would WarpCanada do? And came with this:

This was an especially strange and unique story. Stephen and Mike S are suffering from weird dreams because extra-terrestrial adult babies have invaded their shed. The concept of alien babies invading a mundane shed is quite surreal, and I found the story to be quite fascinating. The way the story was written was captivating, and the plot was engaging and fast-paced. I was kept on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. I was impressed with how the story was able to blend the elements of horror, science fiction, and comedy. The characters were well-developed, and I found myself sympathizing with Stephen and Mike S as they faced their bizarre predicament. Overall, this was a gripping story that kept me hooked from start to finish.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

Sounds very pil in places.
The rhythm section in particular and when that chant comes in ,could be Lydon.
Then goes to zappa land.
Yoko ono is in there somewhere  I'm convinced.
A strange listen but enjoyable none the less.

Ray Brookes

Jeez, Mike this is beyond weird LOL Zappa meets Yoko. Lots of fun listening though.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Mike,

you did a really good job mixing these crazy voices into the interesting and delic musica!  I can always get into some really fun head places tripping out to your musics...

at open mic last this couple came in... maybe 40... anyway they were like one of the most powerful duo's I have ever seen... the energy was off the charts and really trippy, fun, and rockin... the whole joint started to blow apart... to find folks who are different musically as we can be is really fun... and the thing is we all influence each other so... the things born of these "gatherings" can be very interesting.

and it is not something that you make rules for... hopefully you break down the rules and just look for the art...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 20, 2023, 09:09:50 AMIt's like a religious text and chant from a renegade band of monks in the year 2123...living in caves on some distant planet ........the whole solar system has been thrown into chaos and these monks are holding everything together by the power of their chanting.........if they stop singing the whole of existence ceases to be...so they sing......and sing..... and sing.......bringing in new recruits to carry on the mission......has been going on for years and years .......continuously ....never stop singing.......that's what came to my mind while listening........something like that...lol

this one got me... what if this is true?  yes, yes... shall we gather and sing?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

All I can say is I'm at a loss for words, lol. This is so trippy guys but I do have one request, please don't let Yoko break up the band!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

I've got my Kaftan on swallowed the shrooms smothered  myself in petunia oil rolled a big one and pressed play ready for the trip and wasn't disappointed.... I'm not sure I'll ever be the same again that was quite the trip 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ted

What a jangly, tense, tight, cacophonic, beautiful, mess. Great collaboration.

Pareidolia is one of my favorite words, although I can never spell it correctly from memory.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac