July 18 2023 (Instrumental)

Started by StephenM, July 18, 2023, 01:52:18 PM

StephenM

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Acoustic guitar- Epiphone Hummingbird recorded with the MXL mic
Bass is Shecter DI and just on board effects on mixer
Drums are Tama but this time I used the mic I recorded guitar with to get a mono mic distant from drums... so that is mixed in this as well as the 6 drum mics..

I mixed this on the Zoom L-20 old school with faders... it was a fairly simple mix but I wanted to use the live sound I was getting off the board...  mastered in Audacity and using Masterdesk Tru Peak

I started with guitar and didn't use a metronome so I like the way the tempo flowed in this... I realize this is a bit slower but I think this is the first time I synched guitar, bass, drums this well together without using a timing mechanism of some sort...

I like the drumming, especially the first minute or so... and I realize that I still have a lot to learn about drumming.... So I give myself a C on the drums but I am taking an A on the drum production...that I like alot.

I should also add that I thought of adding more tracks to this and then I just really liked that 3 piece...

however, I would guess if anyone wants to tinker with this in any way have at it...Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Nice free flowing pysch feel! Reminds me a tad bit of late 60s Floyd, when they were in a more folky mold. I love the acoustic and the loose, atmospheric drumming is right on the money....with some nice spry bass.

hardlock

Great feel - dig the build and decline mood setters. Beautiful guitar! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

The only reason this is instrumental is because you've yet to add vocals to it. It's moody and it works, but it's also calling for vocals.

For some reason i started hearing lyrics in the vein of "I am the man with the burning passion. Take my hand and we'll see the world. The world that's in out hands etc." sung with the shaman like Stephen voice.

As an aside. Wife heard me listening to this and yelled "You're listening to Cranberries?".  So i guess this has that kind of sound if heard from a distance...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

That hummingbird records like a dream. Super enjoyable listen that takes you on a journey.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Totally dude...as Zoltan says.....put some lyrics on this and finish it off.......spooky like a Spaghetti western.....come up with a story that fits the music and put it in the festival....I can totally hear this as a story song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Nicely produced instrumental, Stephen with some cool playing particularly on the guitars. Your creativity shining through again to make this great soundscape.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Quote from: Blooby on July 19, 2023, 07:27:01 AMThat hummingbird records like a dream. Super enjoyable listen that takes you on a journey.

Blooby

Lovely, I really like a good instrumental. Getting a bit of a spaghetti western vibe but mix with a trippy vibe too. That acoustic sounds great but most of all a lovely melody. A nod to one of the unsung heroes in this - the bass - some lovely lines in there.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I took out the file as I am going to produce this with vocals and full instrumentation....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on July 20, 2023, 08:20:57 PMI took out the file as I am going to produce this with vocals and full instrumentation....
that's the spirit...........let the games begin

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand