My Heart Only Beats For You (Aidan & BerryPatch)

Started by BerryPatch, July 16, 2023, 10:27:22 PM

BerryPatch

MHOBFY (Mastered)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey there! It's been a while since I've posted anything here, got busy with other things. My friend Aidan wanted to record some demos with me earlier so we got to work on recording this little gem. Aidan has a great knack for writting catchy songs with excellent melodies and this one is no exception, I was glad to help out on some music and production here. This one is like Country Rock meets Power Pop, we knocked this out in one session. There is probably more on the way, enjoy...

Aidan (songwriter) - Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar Parts, Lead Lick Guitar Parts, Centered Part of Guitar Solo

Keith (BerryPatch) - Backing Vocals, Bass, Electric 12 String, Organ, Double Tracked Part of Guitar Solo, Post-Solo Distorted Guitar Single-Strums

Grestch Electromatic G5420T (new to my arsenal!)
Epiphone SG P90 Classic
Danelectro 12 String
Danelectro '59 Bass
Garageband Drums and Organ
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Shure SM57 and SM58
Mixed on Garageband
Mastered on Bandlab

WarpCanada

Welcome back ... I also was on hiatus about a year or so.

This one is Alt Country Rock fun.... Makes me think of Wilco, or of a Canadian band I like called the Skydiggers.

Great pop hooks and your gretsch guitar sounds nice.  That one has filtertrons right?
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

I love stuff like this... it is really groovin and got a great driving rhythm to it... that is why people love stuff like this...

for me, the comp I get is Matthew Sweet but there are others who go into territory like this... perhaps a touch of REM...

mostly though it has a great producer here I think... because it does remind me of the great Berrypatch himself, even if you do alot on the track...

the voice is fresh and very good... and all the instruments played very well... got over quick though.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

This is a great track, Keith. Excellent production and first class instrumentation along with stellar vocals. Love those guitars and the song has a good catchy melody. 
Ray Brookes

Pete C

You really do put some catchy songs on here. Well produced, well played, totally professional sounding.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

YES, I like this one a lot! Great writing, production and performing. Rockin upbeat mover! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

cuthbert

Great power-pop song guys - those lyrics are quite poignant!

The guitars, especially in the solo parts reminded me of Badfinger or Big Star. Very intricate. The mix is punchy and clear as a bell with everything in its place, driving the song along. You make it sound easy, although I know it's not.

Really enjoyed that. More, please!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

BerryPatch

Quote from: WarpCanada on July 16, 2023, 11:03:57 PMThat one has filtertrons right?

Indeed, it has Blacktop Filtertrons. Quite low output pickups for a humbucker-style pickup!

Zoltan

A masterclass of how to do things right! The sound of the super 70's. It's pop it's rock. It's an another hit from the golden era that got away.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

karl1171

Nice production and song. When you say more on the way is that more songs, or a longer version of this? I thought it seemed to fade out suddenly...