Eschaton

Started by WarpCanada, July 15, 2023, 04:22:12 PM

WarpCanada

eschaton
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi guys been away a bit. This song came to me quickly, in about 30 minutes today.  It's about a kid who does not want to be dragged to church.
The word Eschaton means the final act in the closing curtain of time and reality, the last act of God, in the divine comedy, or the thing at the end of all things.

Eschaton

Walk on my own two feet
Dance in my funeral shoes
My necktie is gonna strangle me
This shirt is a prison shirt
This suit is a grave disservice
To someone who isn't dead yet.
Pretend not to mind
If they take it all away
Whatever means most to me.

here you go kid
here you go kid
and then they grab it away.

Make sure that they never see your tears.
The eschaton is a sepulchre.
Whitewashed and baptized.
Dead to sin.
And born to be born again.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

Warren,
this is amazing.... really really amazing... you talk about depth of insight... depth of desire..... depth of despair... haunting and beautiful at the same time... deep, very deep... I doubt my mind can grasp this but there is a place inside it resonates with... plus beside the vocals and lyrics the music is perfect for this...

it was worth the wait !!!!   

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Some very deep lyrics Warren...the more I read them the deeper they get. You've presented them well in this song!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Wow....not what I expected at all.....fantastic song...so understated...unreal...what a job you have done here...it's mysterious and deep for sure........sublime....great one......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Love the performance in the vocal the music and the mix an excellent track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

BerryPatch

Haunting song Warren! The lyrics have so much unique depth, I love how they take center stage here. The atmosphere is stellar, every desolate strum!

Zoltan

Yeah, i didn't expect this :) Let's just all agree that it's best not to drag the kid(s) to the church.

If i was that kid... I'd leave such skidmarks on floor that they'd learn.

A great mood piece with a strong storyline.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

SUBLIME is the exact word for this song I was one that was dragged kicking and screaming on sundays so can relate Fine song brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

I love the music Warren, that is really delicate playing and services the song perfectly. The words and the theme... yes really powerful and paints an intense picture. Churches and religion.... what a power they held - and hold - over so so many. I am not sure where I stand, I understand the pain they inflicted, but also conversely, the hope and comfort they have brought. But a powerful, haunting tune... great stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand