What Do They Take Me For

Started by Ron D Bowes, July 14, 2023, 06:28:12 AM

Ron D Bowes

What Do They Take Me For
Time:
0:00
Volume:
You know when you see those magazine and newspaper photos of some small ugly rich geezer with a stunning blonde on his arm? This is a song from his perspective. Another rock and roller that might make it to the new album. I deliberately wanted to have a sudden slow down - to subvert expectations.

Ray Brookes

Here again Ron with a great rockin' track and what a ripper! Yeah, we've all seen those photos of the rich dudes with the gold-diggers clinging close to them. Love the lyrical content of this song and ace production. 
Ray Brookes

StephenM

money can't buy love but it can buy some lovely young thing.... the story is familiar...

but it usually isn't told in this media... I love the way this thing rolls along...almost like AC/DC but more British... very cool...

I like the slow down...  the lyrics are fun... sugar daddy.... wow... this song turns upside down...

lyrically etc... a big turn...

fine, fine rock and roll

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Good one! A subject that irks me everyday I hear about this douches. :P

Nice rocker that had my attention at the very start. Cool! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

if you wanna rock turn onto the Ron Bowes channel.... it won't be long and you'll be skipping, bouncing, rocking, and dancing... maybe even swearing!

but as far as the dude with money... they can't buy what ain't for sale so as long as people want to market themselves this way it shall be...

commodity .... commod tity.... commod titties.... titties.... tunes....titty tunes... titties and brews tunes... brews tunes....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A great rocker Ron and I dig your guitar playing! I guess if I was filthy rich there might be a blonde on my arm but alas, I'm just filty so no go, lol! The bluesy, middle slow down and the narration works well. Cool words and vocals.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

I love that middle section...love it...guitars and backing vocals are really great....it's a super great song .....pro record

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Unrelenting rock n roller! Great snearing vocal and catchy guitar parts. I love that that little dirty slow down part, it really adds great dynamics to this. Sweet RnR!

Zoltan

I'm getting gradually uglier to attract more chicks. It must be the dad bod and extra blubber that gets all the girls as i'm already rich in weirdness...

A bold rocker with lots of stuff going for it. Quirky lyrics, playful playing and potent vocal stylings.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Proper cool tune Ron. Just rocks like a good un. A lovely observation with some cool lyrics. Love the slowed down bit with that great spoken part... very creepy :) great rocker  8)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand